Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27468
View in linear mode

Subject: "Battery Grip for D7000?" Previous topic | Next topic
Artilleryman33 Registered since 31st Dec 2012Sat 18-May-13 03:39 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Battery Grip for D7000?"

Lakewood, US

I want to purchase a battery grip but cant afford the Nikon brand right now anyone have any good recommendations? I looked on Amazon.com and there is so many between $39-$79 but scared if I buy it will mess my camera up any brand recommendations?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Battery Grip for D7000?
km6xz Moderator
18th May 2013
tekneektom Gold Member
18th May 2013
Omaha
19th May 2013
Clint S Silver Member
19th May 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
19th May 2013
dbuckenmyer Silver Member
21st May 2013
km6xz Moderator
21st May 2013
jwgjr
21st May 2013

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 18-May-13 04:36 PM
3292 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

My D7000 has the Meike grip which has been reliable and fits well. There are other brands that have had good reports and some have a complaint of easily broken tab for unlocking the battery tray.
If you get something from Amazon, I suggest getting products that are shipped from Amazon directly instead of one of their affiliate dealers.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Sat 18-May-13 04:45 PM
1728 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

I purchased my Non-Nikon grip for D7000 at Amazon and I couldn't be happier with it.

Tom

Omaha Registered since 07th Jan 2012Sun 19-May-13 04:39 AM
524 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 2

Omaha, US

Coincidentally, I purchased a genuine-Nikon grip from Amazon and couldn't be more disappointed in it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery
Most of my Nikon photos end up here.

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011Sun 19-May-13 06:29 AM
445 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 3

Chula Vista, US

I have battery grip for D7000 with a broken tab for unlocking the battery tray. The tray for the double A batteries still has the tab. I just use the tip of my fingers to unlock and lock the tray. Outside of that it had been great. Puchased through Amazon. My D7000 was stolen so it now just sits.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sun 19-May-13 05:07 PM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 4

Los Angeles, US

If shopping at Amazon, there are good reports on these grips for the D7000 --- Mieke, Neweer, Bower (sp). I had trouble with the Pixel and had to return it. Electrical problems.
Though a few other folks here report having luck with the Pixel.

Amazon is real good about warranty and refunds. I ended up spending $212 for a genuine Nikon. I think all that the extra money got me was the assurance of Nikon service. But a grip is a quite useful accessory. One that you can't fully appreciate without trying it.

dbuckenmyer Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2009Tue 21-May-13 05:08 AM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 5

Jackson, US

dbuckenmyer

I have thought about a grip but I am afraid it will add too much weight

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Tue 21-May-13 04:20 PM
3292 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 6

St Petersburg, RU

A grip actually lowers fatigue by giving a larger gripping area so all fingers can share the work. That means gripping tension is less for a secure hold. Hand fatigue is quite a bit less during a long session or event.
Another big advantage of a gripped camera is that portrait orientation can be as stable as landscape orientation due a far better holding position so a lower shutter speed can be used.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

jwgjr Registered since 30th Apr 2013Tue 21-May-13 05:17 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 7

Severna Park, US

I purchased a Mieke for my D7000 and had all kinds of issues, Finally purchased a Nikon one and have had no issues at all.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27468 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.