Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27432
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 crop mode" Previous topic | Next topic
kkeesy Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2006Thu 16-May-13 11:35 PM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 crop mode"

New Haven, US

Just got mine from B&H today,Really impressed so far.I hate looking through manuals.Can you set up U1 to the crop mode?I'm so used to D2Xs you just push a button to go to the crop mode.So far I can really see a n improvement over the 7000,but I will still keep my others,they have been so good to me.I wish the front command dial was like the 7000 but that's minor.I like the feel and I think the overall build is better.Can't wait to get a grip.Just used to pro bodies.I'm going to to.I'm going to try it with my 200-400 and my 600 f4 this weekend,can't wait to try some astro shots with two 2x's on my Sigma 300-8oo.Let me know about the crop mode if anyone has time,Thanks Guys a lot of knowledge here.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7100 crop mode
Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member
17th May 2013
kkeesy Silver Member
17th May 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member
18th May 2013
mklass Platinum Member
17th May 2013
rb4good Silver Member
19th May 2013
Sixmileman
23rd May 2013
rb4good Silver Member
23rd May 2013

Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2013Fri 17-May-13 02:07 AM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 crop mode"
In response to Reply # 0

Portsmouth, US

LOL... "I hate looking through manuals" really? So, we are to do your work for you?
Enjoy your new camera, please post the excellent images this camera creates.

Bob

kkeesy Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2006Fri 17-May-13 10:03 PM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 crop mode"
In response to Reply # 0

New Haven, US

It's not that I hate reading.A few years ago I got a piece of metal im my right eye and it's really hard for me to do a lot of reading.I rely on the posts and answers a lot.I can read the display fine but there are some things I have trouble with,Thanks.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sat 18-May-13 03:08 PM
2955 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 crop mode"
In response to Reply # 2

Hatboro, Pa, US

If you're having a problem reading fine print, then down load the manual from NikonUSA. It's in pdf format and you can enlarge the print really large. I have a number of cameras and rely on the manuals frequently. But it's been a very long time since I read a paper manual.

Len

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 17-May-13 10:51 PM
5869 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 crop mode"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

You can set the Fn button along with the front dial to change crop modes. It's pretty easy to do and use.

I haven't tried setting it via a U mode, but imagine it's possible. I don't have my camera with me right now to try it.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sun 19-May-13 07:12 PM
4174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7100 crop mode"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

It is also on the bottom of screen when you hit the I button. Then just toggle the multiselector switch and then hit OK and yes you can enter it in one of User modes.

Rick

Sixmileman Registered since 06th Mar 2013Thu 23-May-13 05:57 PM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7100 crop mode"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Crop mode is one thing you cannot save to U1 or U2; however, as others point out it is easy to program the Fn or Preview button in combination with one of the command dials to access this feature very quickly.

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Thu 23-May-13 07:29 PM
4174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7100 crop mode"
In response to Reply # 6

Rocky Hill, US

I stand corrected. It can not be saved to a "User Mode".

Rick

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27432 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.