Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27219
View in linear mode

Subject: "Focus Point in Playback" Previous topic | Next topic
Dawnn Silver Member Charter MemberThu 09-May-13 01:21 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Focus Point in Playback"
Thu 09-May-13 02:42 PM by Dawnn

New Castle, US

I set my new D7100 to show the focus point the playback menu but the center focus point is always highlighted in pics taken. Am I setting something wrong or is this normal? I can tell the focus point I selected was used in taking the picture.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Thu 09-May-13 10:05 PM
4214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Focus Point in Playback"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

The camera should be showing you the focus point used for the still pictures. Run some tests: Put the camera in AF-Single mode using a single focus point and take multiple pictures using various focus points. What does the camera show you?

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

Dawnn Silver Member Charter MemberFri 10-May-13 10:42 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Focus Point in Playback"
In response to Reply # 1

New Castle, US

thanks for the reply, Joseph! I must have changed something cause now it is displaying the focus point used again!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27219 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.