Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27000
View in linear mode

Subject: "D-7000 serial number" Previous topic | Next topic
micro Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2008Thu 02-May-13 11:22 PM
504 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D-7000 serial number"

walkertown, US

I purchased my d-7000 from amazon a few months ago which means it could have come from anywhere.I'm just curious if I got one early or late in the production line.serial number is 3333222.is there anyway of telling? thanks, Troy

there is no problem to big or small that can't be fixed with brute strength and ignorance visit my gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D-7000 serial number
Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member
05th May 2013
gfinlayson Silver Member
05th May 2013
Gamecocks Silver Member
06th May 2013
luckyphoto Silver Member
06th May 2013
richardd300 Silver Member
07th May 2013
micro Silver Member
07th May 2013

Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2013Sun 05-May-13 02:12 AM
101 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D-7000 serial number"
In response to Reply # 0

Portsmouth, US

I do not believe anyone here would have the exact and correct answer to your question. I do believe if you emailed or even called Nikon with this question they would be in a better position to answer this question to your satisfaction.

Bob

gfinlayson Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Jan 2011Sun 05-May-13 10:26 PM
243 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D-7000 serial number"
In response to Reply # 0

Maidenhead, GB

My first D7000, bought in early 2011, has serial number 7402633, so it sounds like yours is an early version - check the firmware versions installed, you may need to update.....

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Mon 06-May-13 12:07 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D-7000 serial number"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

One would believe that if purchased recently it would not be an early issue (unless refurbished) as there have been many produced since they were made available. As poster #1 said it would not be easy to tell by the serial#. I purchased mine on 11/26/11 with the number being 302xxxx.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Mon 06-May-13 01:13 PM
739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D-7000 serial number"
In response to Reply # 3

Port Charlotte, US

Many manufacturers use a numbering architecture that embeds manufacturing information in the serial number and it may only be the last few digits of the number are in sequential order. In other words, many serial numbers aren't completely serial in nature.

Nikon is also protective of it's manufacturing data so they won't reveal the manufacture date or plant where your camera was made.

I purchased one of the very first D7000's and my serial number started with 300xxxx.

As suggested, check the firmware version. If that's up to date it will be difficult to tell and time-consuming to find out more.

Enjoyed your new D7000, it's a great camera.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 07-May-13 05:52 AM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D-7000 serial number"
In response to Reply # 4

Dyserth, GB

"Many manufacturers use a numbering architecture that embeds manufacturing information in the serial number and it may only be the last few digits of the number are in sequential order. In other words, many serial numbers aren't completely serial in nature."

I believe that to be true, I read a long time ago that both Nikon , Canon etc issue out of sequence serial numbers on both lenses and cameras to prevent disclosing quantity sales.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

micro Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2008Tue 07-May-13 09:13 AM
504 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D-7000 serial number"
In response to Reply # 5

walkertown, US

thanks for all the replies.I did have to upgrade the firmware but only because Nikon came out with new firmware weeks after I got my camera. Troy

there is no problem to big or small that can't be fixed with brute strength and ignorance visit my gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27000 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.