Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26708
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Refurb D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
rheb1026 Registered since 19th Apr 2013Thu 25-Apr-13 03:00 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Refurb D7000"
Thu 25-Apr-13 03:16 AM by rheb1026

Metro West Boston, US

I purchased a refurbished D7000 from Adorama earlier this week and received it this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to play with it until tonight, but I have a few questions:

Is the battery supposed to be new? The battery info section in the menu shows that the battery, after being fully charged, has 65% charge. For the battery age it gives a scale of 0-4 with 0 being brand new, and the battery shows it's a '3'. A 4 shows an empty battery with an "!" over it

And I thought that generally the shutter count was supposed to be low? This one has a little less than 7k shutters (not much considering it's rated for 150k), but everywhere else I've read people are reporting <1k shutters

Otherwise it looks like new and seems to work well. I'm fine with the shutter count, but I would think they could include a new battery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Refurb D7000
sduck409 Silver Member
25th Apr 2013
rheb1026
25th Apr 2013
Omaha
25th Apr 2013
rheb1026
25th Apr 2013
chesterdawg Silver Member
26th Apr 2013

sduck409 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Feb 2013Thu 25-Apr-13 03:25 AM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Refurb D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Nashville, US

I don't know if they should have given you a new battery or not - check the fine print of the ad perhaps? It might be worth giving them a call about anyway - see if maybe you can talk them into sending you one. Îf they won't, I wouldn't worry about it and just buy a new one - they aren't expensive.

That shutter count sounds fine. Don't worry about it.

rheb1026 Registered since 19th Apr 2013Thu 25-Apr-13 03:54 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Refurb D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

Metro West Boston, US

I've looked for the fine print and I am unable to find it. My only other experience with refurbished products are Apple computers - and they replace all the externals and any consumables (the battery being one of them)

It's just a bit disappointing is all. If I have to spend another $60 for a fresh battery I might as well buy a new unit for $100 more. I definitely will be calling Adorama tomorrow and seeing what they say

Omaha Registered since 07th Jan 2012Thu 25-Apr-13 04:36 AM
459 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Refurb D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Omaha, US

Don't know about the battery, but I wouldn't sweat the shutter count.

Visit my Nikonians gallery
Most of my Nikon photos end up here.

rheb1026 Registered since 19th Apr 2013Thu 25-Apr-13 05:14 AM
#4. "RE: Nikon Refurb D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Metro West Boston, US

Well I ended up putting the battery on the charger one more time, it reached full charge after about half an hour. Put the battery into the camera and checked the battery info again and it showed it as "new" and at 100% charge! I'm not quite sure why it showed it in such poor condition after the first charge, but I'm glad that it shows it in new condition and able to obtain a full charge!

chesterdawg Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jul 2010Fri 26-Apr-13 04:43 PM
194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon Refurb D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Commerce, US

Wow!

Yeah 7k clicks really isn't much but I've purchased 3 refurbed Nikons the last few years and each had between 300-600 clicks and the battery showing up as new.

As long as it looks and performs as new I'd be happy with it.

FWIW I also purchase refurbed lenses and SB900s w/o any problems.

Buying refurb actually gives me piece of mind. I figure somebody bought the camera new, may have had a problem with it (or not) then Nikon gives it the once over and fixes any problem. No need to worry about focus or any other issues.

Go out and shoot and enjoy your new camera!

Steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26708 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.