Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26320
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately" Previous topic | Next topic
francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Fri 12-Apr-13 11:32 AM
851 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately"

Monroe, US

When I shut the camera off it stays on for a count of 4. My D90 went off when I turned it off. Is this what the d7100 is supposed to do.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately
francine Silver Member
12th Apr 2013
km6xz Moderator
13th Apr 2013
francine Silver Member
13th Apr 2013
          Reply message RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately - U1 & U2
directordj Silver Member
14th Apr 2013
francine Silver Member
14th Apr 2013
DavidBDiscover
14th Apr 2013
fsudebbie Silver Member
15th Apr 2013
francine Silver Member
15th Apr 2013

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Fri 12-Apr-13 11:59 AM
851 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately"
In response to Reply # 0

Monroe, US

Never mind i pressed a wrong button and fixed it

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 13-Apr-13 07:15 AM
3295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately"
In response to Reply # 1

St Petersburg, RU

Welcome to Nikonians Francine. What button was causing that delay? Other new users of the model could benefit from your observation.
The first reason that comes to mind is that data was still being transferred to the card.
An interesting fact is that the camera never turns off completely but it goes into a sleep mode that greatly conserves the battery. This allows the camera to be instantly available when you want to take shot.
Good luck with your great new camera!
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Sat 13-Apr-13 11:59 AM
#3. "RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately"
In response to Reply # 2

Monroe, US

It was C2 Standby timer i put it on 10s and when I went to shut off the camera it stayed on for a couple seconds. It took a while to figure out what I did. I hope there will be a guide coming out really soon. The manual is not any help on all the exposure choices and buttons. I would like to know what other people pick for U1 & U2.

directordj Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jun 2011Sun 14-Apr-13 02:13 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately - U1 & U2"
In response to Reply # 3

Lawrenceville, US

In answer to your question, I love these complete user-saved settings. You set them based on the types of pictures you love to shoot. I use U1 for Landscapes and U2 for Birds in Flight/Action/Sports. U1 & U2 are wonderful because they enable you to be shooting a landscape and, with one flick of the switch, photograph a Harrier Hawk you notice flying overhead (if you are using a zoom lens, for instance).
I would like to see a U3 & U4 someday -- maybe in the mythical D400 camera that Thom Hogan wrote about recently in his column. I can't believe that the D600 and D7000/7100 are the only Nikon DSLR's that have these settings. As I understand it, the Nikon FX's (other than the relatively new D600)have something called multiple "banks" into which you can save only some settings, but not all, as we can with U1 & U2 settings. Happy shooting.

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Sun 14-Apr-13 04:49 PM
#5. "RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately - U1 & U2"
In response to Reply # 4

Monroe, US

Thanks. That sounds like a good idea

DavidBDiscover Registered since 19th Oct 2011Sun 14-Apr-13 06:56 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately - U1 & U2"
In response to Reply # 5

Edina, US

Do you by chance have the sensor cleaning set to work on startup and shutdown and that keeps it on for just a bit?

fsudebbie Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Feb 2008Mon 15-Apr-13 01:46 AM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#7. "RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately - U1 & U2"
In response to Reply # 4

Port Charlotte, FL, US

directordj,
Which camera are you using? Just got the 7100. Would you be willing to share your settings for BIF? Have not even turned mine on yet

Debbie D. (Port Charlotte, FL)
Now shooting nice things for fun instead of gross things for a living.

Nikon D50, D7100, 28-80/3.3, 70-300/4, 300/4, Sigma 10-20/4, Kenko 1.4 TC, Manfrotto tripod & monopod, Werner ballhead

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Mon 15-Apr-13 11:08 AM
#8. "RE: D7100 dosnt shut off Immediately - U1 & U2"
In response to Reply # 7

Monroe, US

I dont have the camera a week yet. I am not great at BIF and havnt had a chance yet to figure it out.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26320 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.