Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26317
View in linear mode

Subject: "New D7100. HDR question" Previous topic | Next topic
woodynorman Registered since 12th Apr 2013Fri 12-Apr-13 06:07 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New D7100. HDR question"

US

Just upgraded from a D3200 to the D7100. So far, I love this camera, but I cant seem to take pics in HDR mode.

If I go into the menu and try to select HDR mode, it tells me that HDR "cannot be used with the cameras current settings or in it's current state"

I'm set to JPEG mode, per the manual, and all other settings seem to be OK.

Can anyone tell me why I cannot select HDR mode?

Thanks!

BTW, this is my first post here...just found this forum. Hope to spend a lot of time here!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New D7100. HDR question
JosephK Silver Member
12th Apr 2013
woodynorman
12th Apr 2013
Pugzilla Gold Member
16th Apr 2013
Pugzilla Gold Member
12th Apr 2013
Escaladieu Silver Member
14th Apr 2013
ov1av8r Gold Member
01st Mar 2014

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Fri 12-Apr-13 08:16 AM
4165 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New D7100. HDR question"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Without knowing what all the other camera settings are at, I can see it being a problem if green-auto mode wants to pop up the flash.

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

woodynorman Registered since 12th Apr 2013Fri 12-Apr-13 01:21 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New D7100. HDR question"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Sorry, should have given a few more details. I tried auto, M S A P modes and scene modes and still it gives me that same message.

Pugzilla Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2008Tue 16-Apr-13 03:11 PM
209 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: New D7100. HDR question"
In response to Reply # 2

Boca Raton, US

Hi again,

Going over the Shooting Menu, the only pertinent setting that I have found that grays out (and therefore prevents) the selection of "HDR" is the choosing of any of the 4 RAW (alone or in combination) selections from the "image quality" line. BTW, I use the Aperture Preferred (A) selection on the mode dial.

Walter

Never criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and have his shoes!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Pugzilla Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2008Fri 12-Apr-13 05:04 PM
209 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New D7100. HDR question"
In response to Reply # 0

Boca Raton, US

Hi,

You probably have done this, but check pages 115-6 in the Users Manual anyway, and make sure your settings are correct. I checked my 7100 and had no difficulty getting an HDR image set up.

Walter

Never criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and have his shoes!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Escaladieu Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2010Sun 14-Apr-13 12:49 PM
655 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: New D7100. HDR question"
In response to Reply # 0

Artiguemy, FR

Try setting your image format to JPG

Personal Blog
http://www.blog-jeff-holdgate.co.uk

ov1av8r Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2014Sat 01-Mar-14 10:01 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: New D7100. HDR question"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I found that the bracketing and HDR are mutually exclusive. Press the Bkt button on the front and turn bracketing off. HDR in the shooting menu should now be active.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26317 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.