Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26297
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stupid question on D7100" Previous topic | Next topic
francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Fri 12-Apr-13 12:03 AM
851 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Stupid question on D7100"

Monroe, US

I got my new toy today and was playing around. I have read all the posts here and remeber seeing the answer to my question somewhere.
How many times to you have to press the zoome button to get it to about 100%. Every once in a while I need to see if I got the shot in focus with small things. I hate wearing reading glasses all the time and find it easier to do the zoom.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Fri 12-Apr-13 12:35 AM
11293 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Stupid question on D7100"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 12-Apr-13 12:36 AM by dm1dave

Lowden, US

Hi Francine,

There are no stupid questions here.

I am not sure that I have seen this discussed specifically for the D7100.

I did some testing on the D300 and posted the results here.

I would think that Nikon would be consistent from camera to camera, so the easiest way to get 100% zoom would be to set Custom Setting f1: OK Button to Zoom ON and Medium Magnification.

On the D300 “medium magnification” is the same as 6 pushes of the zoom button. I suspect the D7100 is the same.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

gfinlayson Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Jan 2011Fri 12-Apr-13 05:34 AM
243 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Stupid question on D7100"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 12-Apr-13 05:37 AM by gfinlayson

Maidenhead, GB

Dave's right. You can customise the OK button to give one touch 100% zoom during playback, it's option f1 in the custom menu. It has always been an option on the pro bodies, but was sadly absent from the D7000. Fortunately, they added it in to the D7100.

Graeme

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Fri 12-Apr-13 11:27 AM
851 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Stupid question on D7100"
In response to Reply # 2

Monroe, US

Thanks I set the OK button. That is a great tip.

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011Sun 14-Apr-13 03:55 AM
445 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Stupid question on D7100"
In response to Reply # 3

Chula Vista, US

And one more tip - once at s zoom level you can use the main command dial to move to other image without the zoom level resetting. This is great if you shoot a couple of the same images and want to ensure you have captured the best sharpness.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26297 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.