Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26262
View in linear mode

Subject: "A question about sensor cleaning from a new member" Previous topic | Next topic
Marg R Registered since 08th Apr 2013Wed 10-Apr-13 05:31 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"A question about sensor cleaning from a new member"

GB

I recently sent my D7000 for a sensor clean and when I got it back I noticed light vertical streaks which were especially visible in plain images. I sent the camera back but it has been returned in the same condition.Does this sound like a side effect of cleaning or might I have a bigger problem?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: A question about sensor cleaning from a new member
gschuler
10th Apr 2013
SaskPhotog
10th Apr 2013
Marg R
10th Apr 2013
Marg R
10th Apr 2013
km6xz Moderator
11th Apr 2013
Marg R
11th Apr 2013
billD80 Silver Member
11th Apr 2013

gschuler Registered since 06th Mar 2013Wed 10-Apr-13 06:02 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A question about sensor cleaning from a new member"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Should not have happened once - but twice. Get your money back and get a new shop.

Or do it yourself, not difficult and lots of info out there re: how to do it

SaskPhotog Registered since 07th Mar 2013Wed 10-Apr-13 07:16 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A question about sensor cleaning from a new member"
In response to Reply # 1

CA

Hello everyone,

I've had sensor issues with the D7000 as well. In this case, it was a huge spot on the sensor.

Not sure what those streaks are like, I'd have to see a photo.

However, based on what has been described, it may not be sensor dirt at all.

Have you even seen horizontal or vertical streaks in a LCD monitor?

Quite often these streaks are cause by a poor electrical connection, not a dirty monitor.

My two bits.

Guy

Marg R Registered since 08th Apr 2013Wed 10-Apr-13 08:52 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A question about sensor cleaning from a new member"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

Thanks for the reply. I have seen LCD streaking but that tends to be in straight lines whereas mine are curved. I have now sent the camera to Nikon so I will hopefully find out soon.
Wouldn't the pixels have to be damaged to get a poor signal?

Marg R Registered since 08th Apr 2013Wed 10-Apr-13 08:55 PM
#4. "RE: A question about sensor cleaning from a new member"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Thanks for the reply. The camera is still under warranty so I wouldn't want to touch it. I just wondered if it was a problem that anyone recognised.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Thu 11-Apr-13 03:59 AM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: A question about sensor cleaning from a new member"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

Can you post a couple images of the streaks? Are they visible in every shot, or just in shots with a common condition such has wide DR or at a certain ISO? Does it happen equally in RAW as JPG? Depending on the look of posted images, if for example they are false color narrow streaks it is usually traced to SD card or file transfer problems.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Marg R Registered since 08th Apr 2013Thu 11-Apr-13 05:01 PM
#6. "RE: A question about sensor cleaning from a new member"
In response to Reply # 5

GB

Hi, thanks for the reply. Where exactly would I upload an image to? I have uploaded one to my gallery and marked it private for now. Is there any way of attaching it to this message? Or does it have to be public?
The marks are always visible in the same place. They are not visible in images with lots of colour. They seem worse at wider apertures, I don't think shutter speed or ISO makes much difference.
I found the streaks while testing for dirt spots after getting the camera back from cleaning.
I have now sent the camera to Nikon so haven't had much time to do more testing.

Thanks

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 11-Apr-13 10:18 PM
2119 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: A question about sensor cleaning from a new member"
In response to Reply # 6

US

>I have now sent the camera to Nikon so haven't had much time
>to do more testing.

Well yes... If the camera is on the way to Nikon, even with time, no testing would be possible...

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26262 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.