Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26041
View in linear mode

Subject: "Number of shutter releases" Previous topic | Next topic
jerryray Silver Member Charter MemberThu 04-Apr-13 04:46 AM
319 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Number of shutter releases"

NYC, US

I can't seem to find how many shutter releases I have.
I have viewnx2, is their a particular program to show this from exif data?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Number of shutter releases
km6xz Moderator
04th Apr 2013
jerryray Silver Member
05th Apr 2013
km6xz Moderator
05th Apr 2013
Pugzilla Gold Member
04th Apr 2013
jerryray Silver Member
05th Apr 2013
Pugzilla Gold Member
05th Apr 2013
FutureLook Silver Member
05th Apr 2013
jerryray Silver Member
05th Apr 2013
jerryray Silver Member
06th Apr 2013

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Thu 04-Apr-13 05:28 AM
3299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

Download this free exif reader and editor to see much more of the data recorded than the commercial photo editing programs display:
http://opanda.com/en/iexif/
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

jerryray Silver Member Charter MemberFri 05-Apr-13 04:39 AM
319 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 1

NYC, US

Thanks but Opanda does not show shutter release for D7100

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 05-Apr-13 05:08 AM
3299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 4

St Petersburg, RU

Count is a basic exif data point so camera model should not be a factor. How are you saving the images, some editors strip out some or all exif data. For example Adobe strips it if you save an image if saved for the web. When saving be sure to check the checkbox for including data with image.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Pugzilla Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2008Thu 04-Apr-13 03:32 PM
209 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 0

Boca Raton, US

Hi,

Try this (no download needed):

Take your most recent image (I use a .jpg image) and open it in Preview. Open the "Tools" menu and click "Show Inspector." Click the 2nd panel ("i" enclosed in circle), then click "Exif" and scroll down until you reach "Image Number." This will be your shutter activation number, assuming you've never had a shutter repair or reset (but will be correct if you had a shutter REPLACEMENT).

Walter

Never criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and have his shoes!

jerryray Silver Member Charter MemberFri 05-Apr-13 04:41 AM
#5. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 2

NYC, US

OK, "open it in preview" What program to preview? "tools"?
Using XP here.

Pugzilla Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2008Fri 05-Apr-13 01:45 PM
209 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 5

Boca Raton, US

I thought you were using a version of Mac OSX, not Windows XP. All bets are off, so try some of the other leads. Sorry.

Walter

Never criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and have his shoes!

FutureLook Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2003Fri 05-Apr-13 04:36 AM
512 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 0

Miami, US

Check out My Shutter Count.com. It is easy to use. Just follow the instructions.

Visit my website: http://www.futurelookphotography.com

jerryray Silver Member Charter MemberFri 05-Apr-13 04:47 AM
#6. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 3

NYC, US

Lots of pictures and scripts running. No option for any shutter count?

jerryray Silver Member Charter MemberSat 06-Apr-13 12:48 PM
#9. "RE: Number of shutter releases"
In response to Reply # 0

NYC, US

I have found a EXIF Viewer that does show shutter count on the D7100. Software is free KUSO viewer

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #26041 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.