Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25990
View in linear mode

Subject: "First outing with my D7100" Previous topic | Next topic
markel253 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Apr 2013Wed 03-Apr-13 01:58 PM
129 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"First outing with my D7100"

New York, US

I have just posted a few shots from my first outing with my D7100.

After having a Contax RTS (SLR - film) camera since the 1970's, it was only a few years ago that I ventured into the world of DSLRs. The original learning curve was steep as the Contax RTS - though state of the art in its day - had very few of the controls available on even the most basic DSLR.

After a few years with a D3100 and then a D3200 - I took the plunge and got a D7100. It arrived yesterday so I took it out to my favorite spot for testing new equipment. I can see that there will be somewhat of a learning curve once again as this camera allows for even greater control than my previous DSLR's, and I have to admit the first day out was a bit daunting. I will admit that I was very impressed with it's handling. When I was working on the RAW files (happily, this morning I found an update notice waiting for me and was able to process the files in Photoshop CS6) I was amazed that I found that fishing line tangled in the branches of one of the trees showed up - and showed up remarkably sharp! (Don't look for it - I removed the fishing line in the final photo.)

Here are a few shots.

http://imagegatherer.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/duckpondtest/

Mark

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25990 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.