Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25929
View in linear mode

Subject: "RRS Brackets and D7100?" Previous topic | Next topic
dgs2 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2004Tue 02-Apr-13 03:01 AM
701 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"RRS Brackets and D7100?"

San Francisco, US

I've got a D7000 and RRS bracket. Does anyone know if the D7000 bracket works on the D7100. Pretty sure I'm going to upgrade, so would like to know if I need to sell the bracket as well as the D7000.

dgs

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: RRS Brackets and D7100?
jupiter913 Silver Member
02nd Apr 2013
wlwakefield
02nd Apr 2013
dgs2 Silver Member
02nd Apr 2013
Reply message Kirk Brackets and D7100
DaveSoderlund Silver Member
03rd Apr 2013
Reply message RE: Kirk Brackets and D7100
wlwakefield
03rd Apr 2013

jupiter913 Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Mar 2004Tue 02-Apr-13 05:06 AM
84 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: RRS Brackets and D7100?"
In response to Reply # 0

San Antonio, US

I have the D7000 bracket on my D7100 right now and it seems to fit it well. I don't think it is perfect, but then it is not perfect for the D7000 either. So far on the D7100 it does okay. It's rigid with no looseness or wobbling with 18-300 DX lens on a tripod and if I scoot the bracket to the left, the cables will clear the frame.
I am loaning my D7000 to a family member so I may have to get another bracket anyway. So far it does not appear they will bring out a new model for the 7100.
I hope you enjoy your D7100. Impressive camera. I like mine a lot.
Ron

Ron

wlwakefield Registered since 21st Jan 2007Tue 02-Apr-13 03:55 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: RRS Brackets and D7100?"
In response to Reply # 1

Irving, US

http://reallyrightstuff.com/Items.aspx?code=BodyNikonD7100&key=cat

http://www.wlwakefield.com

dgs2 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2004Tue 02-Apr-13 07:48 PM
701 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: RRS Brackets and D7100?"
In response to Reply # 2

San Francisco, US

Thanks, I guess I'll give them a call and see if I really need to buy it.

dgs

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

DaveSoderlund Silver Member Nikonian since 29th May 2010Wed 03-Apr-13 12:22 AM
360 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "Kirk Brackets and D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Geneva, US

Based on the information on RRS brackets in this thread, I called Kirk Enterprises to see if their D7000 L-bracket would also fit the D7100 (I have a Kirk bracket for my D90 and some other Kirk plate, and I like their stuff). Unfortunately, no such luck. They say the D7100 bracket is a completely different beast. Also, unfortunately, they won't be available from Kirk for a couple of weeks at best. I expressed my displeasure at that news because I am headed for the Eastern Shore (Maryland/Virginia) in a the near future and I was intending to do a lot of experimenting with my new D7100. HOWEVER, the folks at Kirk were willing to sell me a silver (non-anodized) D7100 bracket (available now), which I can exchange for a finished (anodized) one once I get back. All in all, not a bad deal and an example of helpful customer service.

I guess this is just another instance of the "early adopters' dilemma"...

Dave

http://davidmsoderlund.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsoderlund/

Visit my Nikonians gallery

wlwakefield Registered since 21st Jan 2007Wed 03-Apr-13 01:21 AM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Kirk Brackets and D7100"
In response to Reply # 4

Irving, US

That's great customer service though.

http://www.wlwakefield.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25929 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.