Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25913
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 camera lock up when using eye-fi card in slot 2" Previous topic | Next topic
gonlois Registered since 14th Jan 2009Mon 01-Apr-13 02:45 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 camera lock up when using eye-fi card in slot 2"

Singapore, SG

I have a D7000 with a SanDisk Extreme 32Gb class 10 in slot 1 (raw images) and an Eye-Fi Pro X2 8Gb in slot 2 (JPG normal). I want to be able to transfer images to my iPhone & send out photos while on holiday. On successive days the camera locked up after taking a photograph, the green transfer light remaining illuminated (30-40 photos having been successfully taken). After powering off then on, the camera does not see any of the photos on the SanDisk card. Luckily, the photos taken up to that moment were in another directory; on the first day 101D7000.001, and 101D7000.002 on the second day. I have not used the Eye-Fi card since. Has anybody else experienced similar problems or got suggestions why it happened. I now have no confidence in the Eye-Fi card & do not wish a total loss of pictures at some future point.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dgs2 Registered since 30th Sep 2004Tue 02-Apr-13 12:06 AM
710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 camera lock up when using eye-fi card in slot 2"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 02-Apr-13 12:09 AM by dgs2

San Francisco, US

I just had a similar thing happen with my D7000. I have used the Eye-Fi (same I think) for awhile. I used it in Yellowstone last fall. I put the RAW files on a Sandisk card in slot 1 and a jpg on the Eye Fi. I then transferred to jpgs to my iPad to view them and do light editing in Snapseed. Fortunately, it worked fine for this purpose during my trip.

So recently, I wanted for format both cards in the two slots. When I tried to format the Eye Fi Card, it locked up the camera, much as you describe. Fortunately, I didn't need any of the images on the card. The weird thing was that the D7000 didn't appear to shut off. I turned to switch to off and put it away with the green light on. When I returned later, everything seemed to be working OK. I then successfully reformated the Eye Fi card.

Toshiba is selling a similar card. Check out a review written by Derek Story on his website, "The Digital Story". He likes it better than the Eye Fi. I bought a Toshiba, but have not tried to work with it, so I can't comment on the differences. Like you, I'm a little hesitant to rely on the Eye Fi.

I hope someone with more insight into what is going on will comment.

dgs

Cousin Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2011Tue 02-Apr-13 06:16 AM
134 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 camera lock up when using eye-fi card in slot 2"
In response to Reply # 1

Kilmore, AU

I had a similar problem during 2012, camera would lock up on the odd occasion straight after taking a shot.
I had a raw pic in slot one recorded, but no jpeg pic on the EyeFi card in slot two.
All previous shots were still there.
I got nervous too and replaced the Eyefi with another card.
Chased it up with EyeFi support, they requested I send a log off the card to them, and after checking it they asked for me to return the card.
I then received a refurb card in the mail, and it's been spot on since.
I'm happy with that!

M

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25913 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.