Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25875
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 with 2 mem cards" Previous topic | Next topic
jerryray Silver Member Charter MemberSun 31-Mar-13 05:46 AM
319 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 with 2 mem cards"

NYC, US

I have my two memory cards set to backup. When I delete a few photos, I don't see them in the camera. When I download from the camera, I see my deleted photos. Guess when you delete, it's for only one slot?

Using MS scanner/download

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7100 with 2 mem cards
wlwakefield
31st Mar 2013
jerryray Silver Member
31st Mar 2013
Pugzilla Gold Member
01st Apr 2013
sabbey51 Silver Member
02nd Apr 2013
gfinlayson Silver Member
06th Apr 2013

wlwakefield Registered since 21st Jan 2007Sun 31-Mar-13 12:51 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 with 2 mem cards"
In response to Reply # 0

Irving, US

That's correct. You have to cycle and delete from both cards.

http://www.wlwakefield.com

jerryray Silver Member Charter MemberSun 31-Mar-13 04:52 PM
319 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 with 2 mem cards"
In response to Reply # 1

NYC, US

OK, How do you "cycle"

Pugzilla Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2008Mon 01-Apr-13 04:00 AM
210 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 with 2 mem cards"
In response to Reply # 2

Boca Raton, US

Hi,

Say you have 10 NEF images, each backed up on card 2 as jpeg large/fine/optimal. What will happen is that after you trash the first set of 10 (I do this individually hitting the "trash" button twice as it requests for each image (slow, but I may change my mind on a delete), you will then see a second set of 10 images listed, but in the lower right-hand corner, instead of it reading "NEF" it will read "Jpeg." Trash these also the same way, and you're clean.

Walter

Never criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and have his shoes!

sabbey51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Tue 02-Apr-13 03:18 AM
543 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 with 2 mem cards"
In response to Reply # 3

Saddle river, US

Or - if you format the card in the camera, which I do after importing the images to my computer AND backing them up to an external drive, you format each card separately. On my D7000, after you press the two red buttons on the camera, the top LCD gives you a choice of which card to format via an indicator on the right edge of the screen. Use the control wheel to select one, then press the two red buttons again to complete the format. Repeat and select the other card.

I assume the D7100 works the same way.

gfinlayson Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Jan 2011Sat 06-Apr-13 08:12 PM
243 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7100 with 2 mem cards"
In response to Reply # 2

Maidenhead, GB

In playback mode, press the BKT button and the up button on the Multi-selector. This lets you swap between cards and folders easily.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25875 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.