Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25617
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tripod and remote recommendations?" Previous topic | Next topic
Artilleryman33 Registered since 31st Dec 2012Sun 24-Mar-13 01:50 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Tripod and remote recommendations?"

Lakewood, US

I want to use a tripod with remote when trying to take certain pictures my hand is not quick enough or I shake. I do a search on Amazon.com it gives me bundles from a cheap $25 to$300 what is best for the D7000 camera?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jec6613 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2013Sun 24-Mar-13 01:56 PM
645 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Tripod and remote recommendations?"
In response to Reply # 0

Norwalk, US

I think this should be in the tripod forum, but for the remote part, there are two remotes for the D7000: the MC-DC2 and ML-L3.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Remote-Cords/25395/MC-DC2.html

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Remote-Cords/4730/ML-L3.html

If you go to Amazon, B&H, Adorama, et all, they cost less. The MC-DC2 runs about $25 and the ML-L3 runs about $18. You can get both, if you like, the ML-L3 is great for family pictures with you in them, and the MC-DC2 is a more traditional release cord.

WD4MLA Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Sun 24-Mar-13 03:08 PM
896 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Tripod and remote recommendations?"
In response to Reply # 0

Sylva, US

Raymond,

I would go to the Tripod forum and read the first 4 locked-in posts and FAQ's. I would stay away from cheap tripods altogether. Prepare to spend almost as much for your tripod, head and plate/L bracket as you did for your camera.

Most everyone that uses a tripod purchased one or several cheap ones before biting the bullet and getting a quality support system. You can avoid this waste by doing it right the first time.

My advise is.... do not buy cheap when purchasing a bullet proof vest or a tripod, both will give you a false sense of security.

Jerry Jaynes
Great Smoky Mountains
of North Carolina

http://www.flickr.com/photos/by_jerry_jaynes/

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25617 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.