Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25544
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 NEF's and Nikon Transfer (Interesting)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
six34sigma Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2010Fri 22-Mar-13 05:27 PM
72 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 NEF's and Nikon Transfer (Interesting)"

Cumming, US

Had been using my D90, Nikon transfer and CNX2 without issue for the last several years. Loaded my files from cards using Nikon Transfer and then used CNX2 to review and edit the images.

Got my D7100 yesterday. Took some pictures of my bookshelf late at night and followed the same process to upload the pics through Nikon transfer and edit in CNX2. Discovered that there was little to adjust in camera settings in CNX2, for example there was nothing to change white balance or from normal to vivid etc. The options simply had vanished.

Loaded View NX2, which includes Nikon transfer 2 and imported the same images again. Lo and behold the camera settings were normal, could adjust WB and adjust picture settings, normal to vivid, etc. again. Somehow Nikon transfer was doing something to the NEF images from the D7100 and was not importing them correctly. All is good but .... has anyone else experienced this issue.

Thanks for your help.
Sanjay

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Nicomachean Ethics

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 22-Mar-13 06:01 PM
28728 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 NEF's and Nikon Transfer (Interesting)"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

Please see this thread from a few days ago.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25544 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.