Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25516
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 vs D7000 Settings" Previous topic | Next topic
Morty E Registered since 12th Dec 2006Fri 22-Mar-13 03:56 AM
69 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 vs D7000 Settings"

Richmond Hill, CA

What setting changes have you made in the D7100, as compared to how you set up your D7000? For example, I find it unnecessary to jack up sharpness, as properly focussed images are really quite sharp.

Morty
Nikon D7100; Nikkor lenses 10-24mm, 16-85mm, 70-300mm
"The more I learn, the less I know."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jonmcguffin Registered since 16th Mar 2013Fri 22-Mar-13 05:14 AM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 vs D7000 Settings"
In response to Reply # 0

US

It is true though that if you only shoot RAW these types of picture setting have no effect correct?

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Fri 22-Mar-13 11:36 AM
1973 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 vs D7000 Settings"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri 22-Mar-13 11:37 AM by elec164

US

>It is true though that if you only shoot RAW these types of
>picture setting have no effect correct?

Depends on the software you use. Nikon's ViewNX2 and CaptureNX2 will read and apply the camera Picture Control settings when converting the raw data. Generally third party software such as Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop cannot access that data and instead reverse engineers it's own presets.

Pete

Pete

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Fri 22-Mar-13 11:21 AM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 vs D7000 Settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

Check out e4 separate flash compensation from ev compensation, only on D4 and the D7100

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 22-Mar-13 11:46 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 vs D7000 Settings"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I've stayed with "Standard" mode for color rendition.

I've left D-Lighting on AUTO.

I set the sharpening to '5', up from '3', not because '3' isn't tremendously sharp, but because '5' is a tad "sharpererer" .

I'm shooting in RAW, second SD card as backup... With the battery grip, I'm using only one battery, in the grip, not in the camera.

Really everything I had on the D7000, I'll probably do now.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25516 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.