Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25511
View in linear mode

Subject: "IR first shots up..." Previous topic | Next topic
Jim Pearce Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2004Fri 22-Mar-13 01:13 AM
4397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"IR first shots up..."

Grimsby, CA

Looking at ISO 100 still life, I think the D7100 is a touch sharper than the D600. http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

Jim

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 22-Mar-13 01:43 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: IR first shots up..."
In response to Reply # 0

US

>Looking at ISO 100 still life, I think the D7100 is a touch
>sharper than the D600.
>http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

The comparisons look rather good all across the board, even with cameras costing quite a bit more...

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 22-Mar-13 11:39 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: IR first shots up..."
In response to Reply # 1

US

In addition, with the comparison Still-life 100ISO shot, the D7100 resolves finer pairs of lines on the "proportional scale" thing to the right of the image than the D600 does.

I suspect these shots are done at factory default. If that's the case, it makes it more interesting, because my opinion is you can boost the in-camera setting of the D7100 from '3' to '5' without ANY degradation of the image (maybe more).

This COULD increase the sense of "coarser" noise at high ISO though, with the D7100...

Regardless, this newest Nikon has tremendous resolution capability.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

F2AS Registered since 23rd Nov 2005Fri 22-Mar-13 01:23 PM
481 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: IR first shots up..."
In response to Reply # 2

Washington, US

I agree that the D7100 resolution appears to be slightly better than the D600 at ISO 100, and at least on my tiny Dell netbook screen, even at ISO 1600, I see very little noise or difference. Very impressive. It makes you wonder how a D600 without the AA filter would perform.

Mike

Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Fri 22-Mar-13 06:17 PM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: IR first shots up..."
In response to Reply # 0

El Sobrante, US

If you look carefully at the D600 still life at ISO 3200 or above compared to the same shot from the D7100, however, the D600 is slightly sharper and you can see some noise in the D7100 shot when there appears to be little or none from the D600. That being said, I think I'm going to be happy I chose the D7100 over the D600 because other features of the D7100 will have more impact for me personally.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25511 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.