Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25421
View in linear mode

Subject: "d7000 and Really Right Stuff L bracket question" Previous topic | Next topic
creektn Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2010Tue 19-Mar-13 11:35 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"d7000 and Really Right Stuff L bracket question"

nashville, US

I got my L bracket from Really Right stuff today and put in on. Here is my issue, once installed I have no access to the "doors" on the left side of the camera. I have a RRS L bracket on my D300s and have no problens with access on it. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? I went with RRS because they stated that their's allowed access to the side.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pimadude Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Nov 2012Wed 20-Mar-13 03:02 PM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: d7000 and Really Right Stuff L bracket question"
In response to Reply # 0

Tucson, US

The design of the L-Brackets made for the Nikon D7000, by both Really Right Stuff and Kirk, are similar in their approach to allowing access to the ports on the side of the camera.

In order to access the ports you must loosen the screw on the bottom of the camera that attaches the plate. Then, you can slide the bracket over to permit opening of the ports, and tighten the screw again.

The Kirk Enterprises website shows the orientation of their L-Plate when the camera's ports are accessed here:

http://www.kirkphoto.com/L-Bracket_for_Nikon_D7000.html#

Really Right Stuff also made their D7000 L-Plate in two pieces, so if you're not generally using the plate in a Portrait orientation you can just use the bottom plate.

Jim

creektn Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2010Wed 20-Mar-13 03:21 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: d7000 and Really Right Stuff L bracket question"
In response to Reply # 1

nashville, US

Thanks for the info. I have a grip attached so my L bracket is a one pc unit. Thanks Nikon for making the doors bigge

pimadude Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Nov 2012Wed 20-Mar-13 03:52 PM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: d7000 and Really Right Stuff L bracket question"
In response to Reply # 2

Tucson, US

You hadn't mentioned in your original post that you had a grip for your D7000. The same procedure to move the plate aside for access to the ports applies to the RRS L-Plate for Nikon D7000 Grip.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=BMBD11-L&type=0&eq=&desc=BMBD11-L%3a-L-Plate-for-Nikon-D7000-Grip&key=it

It isn't a particularly elegant solution. However, as you've commented the design by Nikon of their access "doors" required a different method than previous L-Plates.

Jim

ArtakNC Registered since 26th Dec 2012Thu 21-Mar-13 03:41 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: d7000 and Really Right Stuff L bracket question"
In response to Reply # 2

Yerevan, AM

I have just exactly the same setup: D7000 with the grip and the RRS L bracket. I agree with the recommendation to slide and tighten the L bracket. For me it ads the benefit to attach a GPS unit. However the whole setup is certainly a bit less sturdy. But it works fine.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25421 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.