Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25370
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100: fps, buffer, buffer clearing (12 bit lossless)" Previous topic | Next topic
Jim Pearce Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2004Tue 19-Mar-13 12:06 AM
4397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100: fps, buffer, buffer clearing (12 bit lossless)"
Tue 19-Mar-13 12:09 AM by Jim Pearce

Grimsby, CA

Still no cameras in Canada, but various people have been testing. Unfortunately, it is difficult to ensure that their methods are correct. With the SanDisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s what I'm hearing is:

- 6 to 7 fps
- 7 to 9 shot buffer
- 2.95 to 3.8 fps after buffer is full
- 3 seconds buffer clearing

This is pretty good news. If you're willing to shoot 12 bit lossless you can shoot a minimum of 7 7 shot bursts at 6 fps in 30 seconds.

Jim

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Tue 19-Mar-13 11:55 AM
2118 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100: fps, buffer, buffer clearing (12 bit lossless)"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>Still no cameras in Canada, but various people have been
>testing. Unfortunately, it is difficult to ensure that their
>methods are correct. With the SanDisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s what
>I'm hearing is:
>
>- 6 to 7 fps
>- 7 to 9 shot buffer
>- 2.95 to 3.8 fps after buffer is full
>- 3 seconds buffer clearing
>
>This is pretty good news. If you're willing to shoot 12 bit
>lossless you can shoot a minimum of 7 7 shot bursts at 6 fps
>in 30 seconds.

The hard testing will be done for sure, but one thing I think is going to happen, is with the VERY fast and accurate AF, the keeper rate may well go significantly up on the shots taken.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 19-Mar-13 12:22 PM
5949 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100: fps, buffer, buffer clearing (12 bit lossless)"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

If that's accurate, I could certainly live with that. More buffer would be nice, but that would be sufficient, and 12-bit lossless is perfectly adequate for my needs.

Hmmm... maybe I won't be waiting until summer to get one after all!

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25370 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.