Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25247
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 @ 3200ISO" Previous topic | Next topic
billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sat 16-Mar-13 01:29 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 @ 3200ISO"
Sat 16-Mar-13 01:31 PM by billD80

US

Here's a shot using the Sigma 50/1.4, wide open, at 3200, under fluorescent light, AUTO WB.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7100 @ 3200ISO
dm1dave Administrator
16th Mar 2013
JPJ Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
billD80 Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
JPJ Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
billD80 Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
Temba
16th Mar 2013

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 16-Mar-13 01:33 PM
11279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 @ 3200ISO"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Looks good!

Not just noise wise but the Auto WB handled the fluorescent light well.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Sat 16-Mar-13 01:38 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 @ 3200ISO"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Nice shot Bill, the Sigma 50 has such great bokeh, all you needed was a great foreground subject!

How are you finding the lack of AA filter is impacting out of camera sharpness, noticeable difference compared to the D7000?

Jason

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sat 16-Mar-13 02:01 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 @ 3200ISO"
In response to Reply # 2
Sat 16-Mar-13 02:02 PM by billD80

US

>Nice shot Bill, the Sigma 50 has such great bokeh, all you
>needed was a great foreground subject!
>
>How are you finding the lack of AA filter is impacting out of
>camera sharpness, noticeable difference compared to the
>D7000?
>
>Jason

Honestly, I don't know... Here are the same shots, with crops, left at factory sharpening setting, that I believe is '3'... Then PP in Capture NX2 with sharpening added (INTENSITY:100%; RADIUS:1; THRESHHOLD:0). My sense is the NEF's can stand added sharpening, without artifacts. What do you see?

ORIGINAL OUT OF CAMERA

NOW SHARPENED AS INDICATED

CROP

CROP AFTER SHARPENING

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Sat 16-Mar-13 08:11 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7100 @ 3200ISO"
In response to Reply # 3

Toronto, CA

Bill,

The out of camera NEFs definitely look sharper than my D7000 ones did. The lack of AA filter is evident to me. The sharpened ones definitely enhance the sharpness but they look pretty darn good right out of the camera.

Very reminiscent (not surprisingly of the d800e raw files).

Thanks!

Jason

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sat 16-Mar-13 08:24 PM
#6. "RE: D7100 @ 3200ISO"
In response to Reply # 5

US

>Bill,
>
>The out of camera NEFs definitely look sharper than my D7000
>ones did. The lack of AA filter is evident to me. The
>sharpened ones definitely enhance the sharpness but they look
>pretty darn good right out of the camera.
>
>Very reminiscent (not surprisingly of the d800e raw files).
>
>
>Thanks!
>
>Jason

You're welcome, Jason.

They do look awfully good at the factory setting... And seem to be able to stand tweaking in PP if that's desired.

The D7100 seems to be the real deal. What with work and stuff, I've only been able to snap off pretty mundane subject matter around the house (well, the Sheltie is special), but I think critical testing is going to show that the sensor and expeed processing is pretty damn good.

BTW, the AF is very, very fast, and definitive. Even my Sigma 150/2.8 macro snaps into focus.

Temba Registered since 28th Sep 2008Sat 16-Mar-13 02:05 PM
169 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 @ 3200ISO"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 16-Mar-13 02:08 PM by Temba

Waterloo, CA

I know the DOF is shallow at 1.4 but but I can't see anywhere on the dog that is in proper focus. What was the shutter speed?
James

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25247 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.