Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2511
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do I change MODE in U1/U2?" Previous topic | Next topic
KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Mon 29-Nov-10 12:32 AM
4179 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How do I change MODE in U1/U2?"

Alberta, CA

OK boys and girls - what am I missing? I am banging away in my usual aperture priority mode, when I suddenly decide to go manual. But DUH I haven't the slightest idea how to switch modes while staying in U1.

I end up switching out of U1 to manual using the mode dial at top left but then I believe I lose my 20 other settings associated with U1. I could be wrong about all this but I would appreciate some help

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 29-Nov-10 01:10 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How do I change MODE in U1/U2?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

If you're in a U1 or U2 Mode, then leave the dial there and manually switch whatever you want and the rest should hold...

If you rotate the Mode dial away from the User mode, then you are no longer in the User mode...

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Mon 29-Nov-10 01:17 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: How do I change MODE in U1/U2?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 29-Nov-10 01:41 AM by Gamecocks

Joanna, US

Once you have adjusted your settings and saved them, either in U1 or U2, they are set until you change them or reset to default values (pg 75-76 of manual). Imo, if you selected A and various other settings, they would be your chosen group and if you suddenly wanted to go to M you'd have to switch out of the user setting, change your setting within the user mode, or have your new values set in the other mode. After doing your shots in M you can select the user setting again and all your previous settings are still there. At least that's the way I read it but I've been wrong before. Good luck.

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2511 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.