Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25048
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue" Previous topic | Next topic
Rondo5570 Gold Member Charter MemberSun 10-Mar-13 11:32 PM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue"

San Diego, US

I have a D7000 with less than 500 actuations. I have owned it for about 18 months. Today I was playing with the live view function. I can't get the focus point to move so that I can focus on specific objects in the frame. I have read the manual, read Thom's D7000 guide and understand that the focus move must be Normal or Wide View and it is set that way. But for the life of me the focus point won't move. I can zoom in, zoom out, and all of the display info is visible on the LV screen.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

It's all about the light.

Visit my Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Mon 11-Mar-13 12:53 AM
3958 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

You have moved the focus point lock switch (on the back of the camera) to the lock position. Move the switch so it points to the dot (unlocked) position.

My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson, Managing Editor
Kickstartnews Inc. - http://www.kickstartnews.com

Rondo5570 Gold Member Charter MemberMon 11-Mar-13 02:12 AM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue"
In response to Reply # 1

San Diego, US

Howard-

You are right. I had the focus point locked. I feel pretty stupid that I didn't figure that out. It was pretty obvious, but I missed it altogether. Thanks much. I appreciate your help. Now, back to using Live View as it should be used!

Ron

It's all about the light.

Visit my Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

agitater Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007Mon 11-Mar-13 02:28 AM
3958 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue"
In response to Reply # 2

Toronto, CA

You are welcome.

My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson, Managing Editor
Kickstartnews Inc. - http://www.kickstartnews.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25048 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.