Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24860
View in linear mode

Subject: "long exposure" Previous topic | Next topic
micro Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2008Sun 03-Mar-13 10:31 PM
505 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"long exposure"

walkertown, US

is there any reason why I cant just flick the live view switch to lift the mirror on long exposures and still use my slowest shutter speed or my remote release for even longer exposures?from what I have read the mup feature dont work very well due to it not lifting the mirror soon enough before exposure starts.my d-80 dont have these features,only delayed exposure,which appears to be about the same as the mup feature on my d-7000.am I understanding these features correctly or am I way off? Thanks,Troy

there is no problem to big or small that can't be fixed with brute strength and ignorance visit my gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Sun 03-Mar-13 11:00 PM
3202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: long exposure"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

Mup works just fine. For cameras that have this feature, the first press of the shutter lifts the mirror, the second fires the shutters so there's plenty of time after the mirror goes up because you're controlling it.

Delayed exposure is OK as long as it delays it long enough (not sure how long that is on the D80).

The mirror does lift when you use live view, of course, but it goes back down and then back up again to take the exposure. However, on long exposures mirror-up isn't that necessary as vibrations settle down before much of the exposure has taken place.

Alan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24860 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.