Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24851
View in linear mode

Subject: "Focus fine tune Default vs Saved value" Previous topic | Next topic
swannking Registered since 13th Nov 2012Sun 03-Mar-13 03:43 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Focus fine tune Default vs Saved value"
Mon 04-Mar-13 12:16 AM by swannking

US

I noticed my 35mm prime 1.8G has back focus more than my other lenses. Using the "Saved Value" adjustment, with -20, it is almost perfect but not quite there. I decided to play around with it and deleted the "Saved value" adjustment. When I used the "Default" adjustment instead, -20 turned out to be way too much and now the lens front focus. Using the LensAlign and Focustune (that's how I adjust all my lenses BTW), I noticed "default" -11 gives the sharpest images. So now my camera has a default AFA of -11. I switched to the 18-105mm with the "Saved value" adjustment and the default adjustment doesn't seems to have any adverse effects on the previously set and saved AFA value. It makes me believe that the "Default" adjustment steps are not the same as the "Saved value" ie. in my case, the adjustment in the "Default" gives me more range.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24851 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.