Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24842
View in linear mode

Subject: "Live view with smz800 microscope" Previous topic | Next topic
pittendrigh Registered since 20th Sep 2011Sun 03-Mar-13 01:56 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Live view with smz800 microscope"
Sun 03-Mar-13 02:07 AM by pittendrigh

Bozeman, US

I have a Nikon D7000 and a Nikon SMZ800 microscope with "trinocular head," so I can shoot photos through the microscope.

Focusing through the range finder is possible but difficult.

Live view on the camera's LCD screen is a better way to focus, at least when it works. In live view I an examine the lcd screen with a hand held magnifier while manually focusing the microscope, slowly and accurately.

However, the live view only shows a well-illuminated image for 3-5 seconds, and then dims significantly. When the live view dims I can still see the image, but not well enough to focus.

Setting or re-setting the display brightness does not seem to help. I have never seen this LCD screen dimming happen when connected to a camera lens. Only when connected to the microscope.

I can struggle on with the range finder. But the LCD screen is essentially useless. Unless there is a way to fix this.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24842 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.