Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24768
View in linear mode

Subject: "Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?" Previous topic | Next topic
rnagel Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2011Thu 28-Feb-13 08:41 PM
124 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?"

Mequon, US

Recently purchased a D7000 and was looking to get together with some local owners who enjoy photography and share tips and tricks on the D7000. Anyone interested in grabbing a cup of coffee/lunch and discussing photography and the camera, feel free to reply to the post.

Rich

In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play. "Nietzsche"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?
spyder08 Gold Member
02nd Mar 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
05th Mar 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
kippford Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
kippford Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
jgreg Silver Member
17th Mar 2013

spyder08 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2012Sat 02-Mar-13 08:42 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?"
In response to Reply # 0

Kenosha, US

I am from Kenosha but I would drive to the south side for a get together or a group could meet some were to shoot something and share the different results.

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Tue 05-Mar-13 01:35 PM
761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?"
In response to Reply # 0

Los Angeles, US

I recently bought a Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 lens from a fellow named Ronn Witt. He owns a small store in Hartford. My geography is a little weak (though I was born in Shorewood), but I believe that is about an hour south of you.

Ron owns or owned D7000 and shoots professionally. His store called "Dreams 4 U" in that town. Purchase was made on eBay.

Good luck,

from Santa Monica

Gary Curtis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sat 16-Mar-13 03:36 AM
761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?"
In response to Reply # 2

Los Angeles, US

My D7000 and 16-85mm lens were just in at the West Coast Nikon Repair Center. A 15 minute drive from my home in Los Angeles. Both are under warranty. The camera was losing battery charge. That was due to having too many features turned on that draw current even with the power switch off. The lens had a minor mechanical problem which I caused.

As you grow in your experience and talk to other Nikon owners you'll inevitably hear comments about dust on the sensor. I want to talk about that here.

Only remove the lens or put it on the body in a clean location. I take the measure of inverting the camera whenever I do this or if I take off the body cap. It is now a habit. I invert the camera so the lens mount faces down, and then bring the lens up from underneath to attach it. That way, any dust around the opening falls downward.

A second tip about dust relates to an invisible source of the stuff. Empty your camera bag and vacuum the interior from time to time. The Nikon guys went through every nook and cranny of my D7000 and were impressed with how clean it was. So, I guess my rituals work.

Gary
Santa Monica

kippford Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Feb 2012Sat 16-Mar-13 06:03 AM
63 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?"
In response to Reply # 3

falkirk, GB

What are the features that draw current even with the power switch off? Dont much like the sound of that.

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sat 16-Mar-13 12:17 PM
#5. "RE: Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?"
In response to Reply # 4
Sat 16-Mar-13 06:59 PM by Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US

While the camera is on, turn down duration of the monitor screen. Item C-4 in Custom Menus. There are abour 4 of subsets to this. Each with a choice. Playback Review, Menu Display and a few others. I find 4 sec is adequate.

The following items draw juice even with the power off —

D2 -- set to off
D4 -- set to off
One is gridlines in the viewfinder. The other is Warning in the viewfinder. (there are three of these ---- low battery indicator, missing SD Card. And something else which I can't remember.

kippford Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Feb 2012Sat 16-Mar-13 05:29 PM
63 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?"
In response to Reply # 5

falkirk, GB

Thank you. I will look out for those settings.

jgreg Silver Member Charter MemberSun 17-Mar-13 04:21 AM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Milwaukee, WI area D7000 owners?"
In response to Reply # 0

Sheboygan Falls, US

I might live closer to you. I 'm in Sheboygan Falls. I'm waiting for my Nikon D 7100 to get here on Wed. I also have the Nikon D 600. I will be at Sheer Lounge Thursday night after 10:00. That's in Germantown on Mequin Rd.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24768 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.