Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24539
View in linear mode

Subject: "7100-No AA. Sensor cleaning?" Previous topic | Next topic
ClickCardo Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Dec 2005Sun 24-Feb-13 01:48 PM
277 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"7100-No AA. Sensor cleaning?"

Upstate, US

With previous cameras there was a AA so everything landed on it not the sensor. When cleaning the "sensor" all your eclipse fluid, etc., went on the AA which gave me more confidence in my cleaning. Now without AA, cleaning the sensor everything lands on it directly, and I am not so confident that if I mess it up the repair bill won't be enormous. Yes, I know, nobody should clean a sensor who might mess it up once, but is that realistic?

Richard

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Sun 24-Feb-13 01:51 PM
14182 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 7100-No AA. Sensor cleaning?"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

There is still a protective cover over the sensor, so there are no differences in cleaning it.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

ClickCardo Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Dec 2005Sun 24-Feb-13 02:32 PM
277 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 7100-No AA. Sensor cleaning?"
In response to Reply # 1

Upstate, US

Thanks Rick

It puts that concern to rest.

Richard

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24539 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.