Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24365
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 Picture Review Question" Previous topic | Next topic
Temba Registered since 28th Sep 2008Fri 22-Feb-13 03:38 PM
169 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 Picture Review Question"
Fri 22-Feb-13 08:51 PM by Temba

Waterloo, CA

I realize this is early but has anyone been able to find out if the D7100 will have the picture review feature to allow the image to be zoomed to a pre-set amount by pushing the center button of the control toggle as with the D300 ect???
Thanks
James

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Fri 22-Feb-13 04:14 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 Picture Review Question"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Likely not, this feature has been reserved for Nikon's "pro bodies" of late - the D800 and D4 have it available - the D600 does not (and of course none of the new DX line such as the 3200/5200 or the current D7000 have it).

Nikon must not like enthusiast's Chimping, lest they get discouraged and stop buying .

Jason

mvlow1974 Registered since 03rd Dec 2012Fri 22-Feb-13 04:44 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 Picture Review Question"
In response to Reply # 1

US

According the the DPReview preview of the D7100 it does have that feature.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikon-d7100/3

"A small feature, but one we're very pleased to see on the D7100, is the ability to customise the rear 'OK' button to be a one-click magnifier in playback mode. This is a huge time-saver that we've come to really appreciate when reviewing images taken with the D800 and D4, but is frustratingly absent from the D600."

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Fri 22-Feb-13 04:59 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 Picture Review Question"
In response to Reply # 2

Toronto, CA

If I owned a D600 I would be flaming Nikon right now.

Good move by them though, this should be an option in all their cameras.

Jason

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSun 24-Feb-13 12:14 AM
3086 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 Picture Review Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Monterey Bay, US

>Likely not, this feature has been reserved for Nikon's
>"pro bodies" of late - the D800 and D4 have it
>available - the D600 does not (and of course none of the new
>DX line such as the 3200/5200 or the current D7000 have it).
>
>
>Nikon must not like enthusiast's Chimping, lest they get
>discouraged and stop buying .
>
>Jason

I quote Nikon (maybe not exact words) the D7100 is the new top of the line DX camera.
(This does not necessarily mean there will be no D400)
I remember this from the release message they gave.
It appears to me that the D7100 is completely "uncrippled",
except maybe the buffer.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24365 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.