Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23967
View in linear mode

Subject: "what is this for?" Previous topic | Next topic
marcuss3 Registered since 11th Feb 2013Wed 13-Feb-13 04:45 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"what is this for?"

US

Hi everybody,
I've been playing around with my new d7000 (becomes overwhelming at times) and I've noticed this little covered opening at the bottom of the body by the battery. When I lift it with my finger I can see part of the battery (that yellow thing on it). Does anybody know what it's for?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: what is this for?
elec164 Silver Member
13th Feb 2013
J_Harris Silver Member
13th Feb 2013
marcuss3
13th Feb 2013
elec164 Silver Member
13th Feb 2013
Gamecocks Silver Member
13th Feb 2013
marcuss3
15th Feb 2013

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Wed 13-Feb-13 05:04 PM
1984 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: what is this for?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I believe it's for the cord from the AC adapter to pass through.

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

J_Harris Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011Wed 13-Feb-13 05:08 PM
664 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: what is this for?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 13-Feb-13 05:17 PM by J_Harris

US

Hi Marco,

That is your Battery Latch. It keeps your battery from falling out when you open the battery compartment door. See page 24 of your D7000 manual for a full explanation, and how to use the "latch" during battery installation/removal.

Jerry

Edited to Add: The OTHER door is the cover for the optional MB-D11 battery pack. See pages 4 and 280 of your D7000 manual.

marcuss3 Registered since 11th Feb 2013Wed 13-Feb-13 05:13 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: what is this for?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Thanks for clarifying elec164, I believe it is for the cord from ac adapter (didn't even know I could use one).

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Wed 13-Feb-13 05:54 PM
1984 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: what is this for?"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 13-Feb-13 05:54 PM by elec164

US

>Thanks for clarifying elec164,

No problem, glad I could help.

To be more precise, it's for the cord from the EP-5B to pass through which is needed to attach and use the AC power adapter (page 282 of the manual).

Pete

Pete

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Wed 13-Feb-13 05:55 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: what is this for?"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Hi Marco,

Check page 4 & 282 of your manual (it's the power connector cover). If you haven't read the manual you are missing some much needed information. Welcome to Nikonians and enjoy the camera.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

marcuss3 Registered since 11th Feb 2013Fri 15-Feb-13 06:16 PM
#6. "RE: what is this for?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Thank you all for your help. Honestly I didn't touch my manual, yet. Instead I jumped straight to "Mastering Nikon D7000" by Darrell Young. It's a great book and I think I would be still lost without it. Now it's time for the manual to get what's missing in Darrell's book.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23967 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.