Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2347
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Battery Grip" Previous topic | Next topic
hawkie Registered since 22nd Mar 2008Tue 23-Nov-10 08:28 PM
1028 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Battery Grip"

US

I bought the MB-D11 Battery Grip for my D7000 and I really like it so far. It allows you to space out your fingers to get a more comfortable feel, and the extra shutter button for the portrait orientation is great! It does add some weight to the camera, but not enough to make we want to return it. I just wish it added some more fps's!

Joey

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Battery Grip
JPJ Silver Member
23rd Nov 2010
DVDMike Silver Member
24th Nov 2010
OpticalSerenity
24th Nov 2010
Chris Ross Leong
24th Nov 2010
hawkie
24th Nov 2010
Kale49 Silver Member
24th Nov 2010
jwheat1
30th Nov 2010
Kale49 Silver Member
30th Nov 2010
Obes Silver Member
30th Nov 2010
JPJ Silver Member
30th Nov 2010
Kale49 Silver Member
30th Nov 2010
billD80 Silver Member
30th Nov 2010
KaWySiCkHuNdReD
03rd Dec 2010
wkramer
03rd Dec 2010

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Tue 23-Nov-10 11:40 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

To be fair, if you shoot 14 bit RAW the D7000 already has a better fps out of the box than the D300s with grip and the D700 without.

Jason

DVDMike Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2003Wed 24-Nov-10 12:13 AM
2205 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 0

Metro Atlanta, US

What do you think of the build quality of the grip?

OpticalSerenity Registered since 23rd Oct 2006Wed 24-Nov-10 04:47 AM
91 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

Where is the least expensive place to order one from. I hate not having a grip. I'm in Israel on a trip and can't stand horizontal shots because it just doesn't feel right.

Chris Ross Leong Registered since 18th Nov 2010Wed 24-Nov-10 06:48 AM
138 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 3

Sherman Oaks, US

Ditto - need a grip quick! Most of my stills are portrait and I really miss the vertical trigger setup. Plus the video I shoot means multiple batteries are a plus.

hawkie Registered since 22nd Mar 2008Wed 24-Nov-10 12:53 PM
1028 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 2

US

It is very nice. Has rubber where your fingers will sit and a nice thickness as well. It barely wobbles on the camera. It has two dials for changing shutter speed, aperture, etc. and has a nob that you can use to adjust the focus point. Overall, a very nice piece of equipment!

Joey

Kale49 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 24-Nov-10 10:44 AM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 24-Nov-10 10:45 AM by Kale49

Espoo, FI

I just got yesterday by mail the grip (MB-D11). I ordered it from www.cyberphoto.fi (a Swedish net shop). The price was absolutely lowest I´ve so far found (215 euros + 7 euros from mailing costs)

I had a battery grip in my previous DSRL (D80) and did like it. So, I decided to take it to my D7000, too. Now the new package is better at least in my hands. When mounting a bigger glass it is also a bit sturdier.

I´m afraid that the battery grip does not increase the fps. So they say in manuals. Anyway, it´s good to have a double battery resource when wandering in the nature

Kale S
Espoo, Finland

jwheat1 Registered since 26th Nov 2009Tue 30-Nov-10 03:08 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Just got my new mb-d11 and love it. Does anyone know if the neoprene pouch was designed to hold the grip or just the battery pack?

Kale49 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 30-Nov-10 05:52 AM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 7

Espoo, FI

Not the grip but the battery pack. As you noticed there are tw kind of "packs". The other for Nikon battery and the other for AA-batteries.

So you have always one outside the gri

Kale S
Espoo, Finland

Obes Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Aug 2009Tue 30-Nov-10 10:14 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 0

Brisbane, AU

I want one... but the price... ($349 here and we are basically at parity with USD)
It does not add enough for it's price.
An extra battery ? BUT compared to the D90 grip it makes charging 1 of the batteries a pain in the rump. So I'd probably forget the second battery idea.

As far as i can tell the only real pro's are :
- The ability to use AA batteries (pointless for me)
- Better portrait ergonomics ... vs. extra bulk/weight

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Tue 30-Nov-10 12:26 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 9

Toronto, CA

The 3rd party ones will be out soon enough, cheaper, same features.

With two batteries how long could you shoot the D7000 for? One battery seems to be good for 1000 shots.

Jason

Kale49 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 30-Nov-10 01:08 PM
#11. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 10

Espoo, FI

As I wrote earlier, www.cyberphoto.fi asks 215 euros of the MB-D11 grip. I got one. I´m totally satisfied with it.

Kale S
Espoo, Finland

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Tue 30-Nov-10 04:22 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 11

US

One aspect of having a grip is the AA battery option, meaning you're never worried about lack of ability to charge up, because the availablity of AA's is almost universal.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

KaWySiCkHuNdReD Registered since 31st Oct 2010Fri 03-Dec-10 09:06 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 12
Fri 03-Dec-10 09:09 PM by KaWySiCkHuNdReD

US

I was wondering if the grips came with the 2 different battery trays or do I have to buy the AA tray separately?

regarding the design of the grip. does it allow the use of the battery in the camera together with the grip batteries. or does the camera battery have to come off?

thank you!

wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010Fri 03-Dec-10 09:07 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: D7000 Battery Grip"
In response to Reply # 13

Port Washington/New York, US

It comes with both trays.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2347 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.