Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23363
View in linear mode

Subject: "Purple Line on the right side of photo" Previous topic | Next topic
themom5 Registered since 01st Jan 2013Mon 21-Jan-13 08:45 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Purple Line on the right side of photo"

US

Every picture I take with the D7000 in RAW has a purple line down the right side of photo or on the bottom for vertical.
Has anyone else expercienced this and if so what can be done about it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Purple Line on the right side of photo
four eighty sparky Silver Member
21st Jan 2013
ericbowles Moderator
22nd Jan 2013
themom5
22nd Jan 2013
dm1dave Administrator
22nd Jan 2013
four eighty sparky Silver Member
23rd Jan 2013
themom5
23rd Jan 2013

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Mon 21-Jan-13 09:32 PM
1452 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Purple Line on the right side of photo"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 21-Jan-13 09:32 PM by four eighty sparky

US

Where does it start to show up?

Does it show up on the monitor on the camera, or only at the computer?

If the latter, at what point in your workflow?

Posting a full-size, original will help.

BTW, of you're using RawTherapee, that's the issue. I have never found a solution for it other than to manually crop it off.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 22-Jan-13 01:06 PM
8476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Purple Line on the right side of photo"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

You could also post a screen shot as a PDF or saved as a JPEG and sized for posting.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

themom5 Registered since 01st Jan 2013Tue 22-Jan-13 10:03 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Purple Line on the right side of photo"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I don't know how to post a picture.

It shows up only in the computer, I use Corel Paintshop Pro Photo x2.

So far the only thing I have been able to do is manually crop the photo.

Thanks for the help.
Cindy

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Tue 22-Jan-13 11:43 PM
11281 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Purple Line on the right side of photo"
In response to Reply # 3

Lowden, US

What program do you open the NEF file in?

Have you tried using Nikons View NX? If so is the line in the image when opened in View NX?

view NX is free by the way.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Wed 23-Jan-13 12:08 AM
1452 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Purple Line on the right side of photo"
In response to Reply # 4

US

>
>view NX is free by the way.

Download here:

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Imaging-Software/NVNX2/ViewNX-2.html

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

themom5 Registered since 01st Jan 2013Wed 23-Jan-13 12:38 AM
#6. "RE: Purple Line on the right side of photo"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Thank you, I downloaded the program you suggested and when I viewed the photos in there the purple line was indeed absent. So now I know that it is just my editing program. I am planning on getting an update soon, hopefully that will cure the problem.
Thank you again for your help.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23363 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.