Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23091
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mirror up dial" Previous topic | Next topic
bill unger Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2011Fri 04-Jan-13 10:54 PM
54 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Mirror up dial"

manchester, US

When I set the Mirror up on the dial and attempt to take a picture I see black in viewfinder and no picture is taken It seems like it is stuck. Am I doing something wrong or is it broken?
Thanks for any help
Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sat 05-Jan-13 12:26 AM
2703 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Mirror up dial"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Did you press the shutter release twice? The first one raises the mirror and the viewfinder goes black, The 2nd press takes the photo.

Len

bill unger Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2011Mon 07-Jan-13 06:20 PM
54 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Mirror up dial"
In response to Reply # 1

manchester, US

Thanks

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sat 05-Jan-13 01:09 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Mirror up dial"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Follow Len's advice and p. 83 of the manual.

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23091 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.