Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22943
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pop up Flash" Previous topic | Next topic
smkunder Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Aug 2008Sun 30-Dec-12 12:45 PM
135 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Pop up Flash"

Highland, US

Has anyone else had problems with the popup flash not alway coming up when you hit the flash button on top side of camera. It seems to work about 90% of the time, but at times seems to stick. When it sticks, I can hear a clicking noise like it is trying to release but does not. I can always get it to release if I give it a little assistance. I just had a brand new grandaughter last week so I am hoping not to have to send it off for repair.

Looking to learn as much as possible

Steve

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Pop up Flash
James_Yates Silver Member
30th Dec 2012
kentake
02nd Aug 2013
mudman2 Silver Member
02nd Aug 2013
singlerosa Silver Member
03rd Aug 2013
RockyIII Gold Member
07th Aug 2013

James_Yates Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2012Sun 30-Dec-12 03:53 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Pop up Flash"
In response to Reply # 0

Stokkemarke, DK

Yes, I have experienced the same issue too. Also the built-in flash sometimes pops up even though there is a flash mounted on the camera when I press the flash button to change flash settings. But not as frequent as your experiences; max 5%.

kentake Registered since 02nd Aug 2013Fri 02-Aug-13 08:08 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Pop up Flash"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>Has anyone else had problems with the popup flash not alway
>coming up when you hit the flash button on top side of camera.
> It seems to work about 90% of the time, but at times seems to
>stick. Whencreen it sticks, I can hear a clicking noise like it is
>trying to release but does not. I can always get it to
>release if I give it a little assistance. I just had a brand
>new grandaughter last week so I am hoping not to have to send
>it off for repair.

I have the same problem about 60% of the time. When I press the
flash button, it shows the flash compensation screen and the unit
clicks, but doesn't pop up.
Have you gotten relief?
Thanks in advance.

mudman2 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2009Fri 02-Aug-13 08:15 PM
166 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Pop up Flash"
In response to Reply # 2

Jamison, US

isn't popup based purely on mode. When its popped up on mine with the 700 fitted I selected the wrong mode

Sometimes I hit the wrong button in a rush and think its not working but most times I figure it out and hit the right button and call myself names

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

singlerosa Silver Member Charter MemberSat 03-Aug-13 02:52 AM
202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Pop up Flash"
In response to Reply # 3

St. Louis, US

The pop up on my D7000 has started to stick after 30 months. I have to "pry" it open with my finger. Luckily, it's my backup camera and I rarely use pop-up flash on either camera.

Jim Singler D600/D7K with a bunch of lenses and other assorted stuff

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Wed 07-Aug-13 02:33 AM
2964 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Pop up Flash"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

I have had no problems with the flash on my D7100, although I rarely use it.

Rocky

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22943 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.