Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22938
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shutter Speed Thumbwheel Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
richlewt Registered since 24th Oct 2012Sun 30-Dec-12 09:16 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Shutter Speed Thumbwheel Problem"

GB

Hi
I dont know if anyone else experiences this but I mainly like to shoot in manual. I find that on quite a few occasions when I pick up the camera to shoot my right thumb accidentally moves the thumb wheel and adjusts the shutter speed by 1/3 stop or so. I find it difficult to "park" my thumb somewhere where it wont touch the thumb-wheel. Obviously not such a problem in one of the auto modes as the exposure still remains correct. This is also an issue if you set up the camera and hand it to someone to take the shot as they often move it as well.
It would be nice if the AE lock button would disable the thumb-wheel when selected. The problem is exaggerated in winter when wearing gloves.

Cheers
Rich

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Sun 30-Dec-12 05:33 PM
5952 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Shutter Speed Thumbwheel Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

Yep, and if you have the MB-D11 attached you have double the chance of doing that.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22938 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.