Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22630
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 auto ISO" Previous topic | Next topic
spyder08 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2012Sun 16-Dec-12 12:52 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 auto ISO"

Kenosha, US

I am new to the D7000 and in program mode I can't seem to turn off auto ISO. If I change with the command dial it will change but if I turn the camera off it goes to auto again.
Thanks
Brian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 auto ISO
Leonard62 Gold Member
16th Dec 2012
spyder08 Gold Member
16th Dec 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member
16th Dec 2012
RockyIII Gold Member
16th Dec 2012
JosephK Silver Member
16th Dec 2012

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sun 16-Dec-12 01:13 AM
2703 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 auto ISO"
In response to Reply # 0

US

You have to turn it off in the Shooting Menu / ISO sensitivity settings. Make sure you press OK after setting it.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

spyder08 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2012Sun 16-Dec-12 01:37 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 auto ISO"
In response to Reply # 1

Kenosha, US

Thank you that worked this camera has a ton of settings. It must take a while to get used to where there located.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sun 16-Dec-12 02:09 AM
2703 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 auto ISO"
In response to Reply # 2

US

There is a learning curve for all the new cameras. Normally if you become familiar with the Setup and Shooting menus you'll do OK. If you can't find your answers there or in the manual, Nikonians always seems to work.

Good luck with your new camera.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Sun 16-Dec-12 02:25 AM
2964 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 auto ISO"
In response to Reply # 2

Raleigh, US

"My Menu" is a great place to save the settings you use regularly. That way you don't have to remember where they are located.

Rocky

JosephK Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sun 16-Dec-12 07:19 AM
3716 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 auto ISO"
In response to Reply # 2

Seattle, WA, US

The spreadsheet pinned at the top of the forum can help give a broad picture of what is available and where.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22630 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.