Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22373
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bracketing with D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Fire Guy Registered since 18th Nov 2012Wed 28-Nov-12 01:25 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bracketing with D7000"

US

I'm brand new to Nikonians so not sure if I'm doing anything correctly at the moment! Wondering if the D7000 will allow me to bracket exposures with more than three (3) shots...? Some photogs I know who use other equipment tell their camera to take 5, 7, even 9 shots of the same scene, each with a different shutter speed or aperture or, perhaps even, ISO... It seems to me that my D7000 will only allow me to take three (3) shots... Am I right, or what am I missing...? Cliff Harvey (Fire Guy)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Bracketing with D7000
elec164 Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
Fire Guy
28th Nov 2012
tekneektom Gold Member
28th Nov 2012
Fire Guy
28th Nov 2012
N4TVC Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
Fire Guy
28th Nov 2012
four eighty sparky Silver Member
29th Nov 2012
Fire Guy
29th Nov 2012

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Wed 28-Nov-12 01:39 PM
1973 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bracketing with D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Short answer is no, it can only bracket three shots.

This was discussed some time ago and a few offered their work around to this issue.

You may be interested in reading about it in this thread .

Pete

Pete

Fire Guy Registered since 18th Nov 2012Wed 28-Nov-12 03:45 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Bracketing with D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks... Kinda what I figured... Brand new to Nikonians, so I need to get used to how questions get asked, how to call up the answers, etc...! Thanks for the help...! Cliff

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Wed 28-Nov-12 03:00 PM
1772 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bracketing with D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Cliff,

You're limited to a single burst of 3 exposures. However, if you're on a tripod and capturing landscape or other fixed objects you can fire a 3 burst set of images and then change shutter speed and fire another 3 burst set. Typically, you change shutter speed, not aperture as changing aperture would alter depth of field.

Tom

Fire Guy Registered since 18th Nov 2012Wed 28-Nov-12 03:44 PM
#3. "RE: Bracketing with D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Kinda what I figured, yes... Thanks Tom...!

N4TVC Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jul 2006Wed 28-Nov-12 08:18 PM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Bracketing with D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Burke, US

Welcome to Nikonians, Fire Guy. You'll like the help you can get from all these knowledgable folks.

Enjoy,

Charles

Fire Guy Registered since 18th Nov 2012Wed 28-Nov-12 09:35 PM
#6. "RE: Bracketing with D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Thanks for the warm welcome Charles... I look forward to spending lots of time learning from others...! Cliff

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Thu 29-Nov-12 12:29 AM
1455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Bracketing with D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

How to you get 9 frame bracketing on the D7000:

You only need to make three quick adjustments to your camera before shooting:
(1) set the Mode to A
(2) set the Release mode to CH
(3) set Bracketing to 3F in 1.0 EV increments.

To set up U1 and U2 for a 9-frame bracket spaced 1 EV apart (YOU ONLY DO THIS ONCE):
* Set mode dial to A (Aperture priority)&
* Set Shutter release mode = CH (continuous high speed)
* Custom setting e6 -> Bracketing order = Under, Meter, Over;
* ISO = Auto
* Bracketing = 3F in 1.0 EV increments
* turn the Exposure comp dial to -3 EV
* Setup Menu -> Save user settings -> U1
* turn the Exposure comp dial to +3EV
* Setup Menu -> Save user settings -> U2
You are done setting up U1 and U2. Be sure to set Exposure comp dial back to 0 EV, set bracketing to 0F, and set the Shutter release mode to whatever you normally keep it at.

Now say you stumble on a scene that calls for HDR.
(1) Set the Mode to A
(2) set Bracketing to 3F in 1.0 EV increments
(3) set the release mode to CH.
Now press the shutter release button three times:
(1) once with Mode dial set to U1
(2) once with Mode dial set to A
(3) once with Mode dial set to U2
This creates nine exposures in the following order (relative to normal exposure):
-4EV -3EV -2EV -1EV 0EV +1EV +2EV +3EV +4EV.
After shooting, review the histograms and possibly select a subset of the nine shots, deleting others.
The procedure is similar for setting up a 5-frame bracket, and is easy to figure out once you understand the 9-frame setup.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Fire Guy Registered since 18th Nov 2012Thu 29-Nov-12 12:42 AM
#8. "RE: Bracketing with D7000"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Thanks sparky...! Found this from an earlier answer and will try it out first thing in the morning...! You guys ROCK...! Fire Guy

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22373 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.