Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22242
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon GP-1 with D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Sherwood115 Registered since 20th Nov 2012Tue 20-Nov-12 12:29 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon GP-1 with D7000"

Mallorytown, CA

I bought the GP-1 at the same time as the D7000 and for several months it worked perfectly, although it is very slow to lock in. Now, after several months of use the GP-1 has a habit of disconnecting itself from the camera. I noticed that the connector on the camera side is very loose, and I can ususally get it to work again (for a few minutes) by jiggling the connector. I have already replaced the cable (at a hefty $75) to no avail. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know a solution?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Squirri Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2012Tue 20-Nov-12 03:31 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon GP-1 with D7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 20-Nov-12 03:32 PM by Squirri

GB

I have been having the same problem. Seems to be wear somewhere. In my case I found that bending the rubber port cover on the camera and tucking it tight against the plug from the GP-1 keeps it online. Not a long term solution as I'm concerned that the port cover will either distort or come off. I'm going to try gently widening the plug end to try to get a tighter fit. I've had mine for about 18 months and seem to remember it being a pretty tight fit in the early days. Tried blowing out the plug and socket with 'tinned air' but that didn't help.

If anyone has a solution, please post it hear. I wonder how many of us have this problem and whether it is D7000 superficial?

res ipsa loquitur

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22242 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.