Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2224
View in linear mode

Subject: "Trying to buy L-plate from RRS" Previous topic | Next topic
robinje Basic MemberSun 21-Nov-10 04:08 PM
90 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"

Minneapolis, US

I am really frustrated after trying unsuccessfully to place an online order from RRS. Their web site sucks! I guess I'll just call them tomorrow instead. Grrr...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS
dankeny Gold Member
21st Nov 2010
DrBrett Silver Member
22nd Nov 2010
sabbey51 Silver Member
22nd Nov 2010
robinje
22nd Nov 2010
Bob Chadwick Silver Member
22nd Nov 2010
robinje
22nd Nov 2010
Robman3
22nd Nov 2010
chroaz Gold Member
23rd Nov 2010

dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006Sun 21-Nov-10 07:16 PM
1493 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"
In response to Reply # 0

Roland, US

That kinda was me. But I kept at it until it took my order. It's on its way. Cool thing is, it's a two piece design. You get a plate and an L for the same price.
David

DrBrett Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2006Mon 22-Nov-10 12:01 AM
102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

Strange, I had no trouble whatsoever, and I was a first time client. The L-plate is located under "all camera plates>Nikon", not under L-plates, but other than that the ordering was a breeze.

Brett

sabbey51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Mon 22-Nov-10 12:32 AM
534 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"
In response to Reply # 2

Saddle river, US

My D7000 RRS plate/l-bracket came yesterday.

robinje Basic MemberMon 22-Nov-10 01:22 AM
90 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"
In response to Reply # 3

Minneapolis, US

I added the item to my cart, but the site gets hung up when I try to check out. I've got an account and am a returning customer. They need to have some professional help to get the web site up to snuff. I might need some professional help if I have to keep dealing with their archaic web site. I'll call them tomorrow and place my order over the phone, the old fashioned way!

Bob Chadwick Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Mon 22-Nov-10 01:36 AM
2022 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"
In response to Reply # 4

Norcross, US

I had the same problem. Came back a couple of times and it eventually whent through.

Visit
My Nikonians Gallery
NorcrossPics.Com

robinje Basic MemberMon 22-Nov-10 02:00 AM
#6. "RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"
In response to Reply # 5

Minneapolis, US

I tried again tonight several times with no luck. I know these folks make quality products, but if they want to be able to sell them, then their web presence needs serious re-vamping. This is absurd in this day. Grrr... again.

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Mon 22-Nov-10 06:55 AM
1756 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 22-Nov-10 06:56 AM by Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US

They have a MS bug issue.

Last month added a new server or cloud partner, something like that.

Call them, they will take the order directly.

The plates are due this week.

Rob

chroaz Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009Tue 23-Nov-10 09:37 PM
661 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Trying to buy L-plate from RRS"
In response to Reply # 0

Cave Creek, US

Must have been bad luck - I ordered mine from their site with no problems on Monday last week (11/15) - it arrived last saturday! Came in same package as the L-Plate for the P7000 which I ordered at the same time. (very neat by the way).

The D7000 plate is rock solid and, as usual from RRS, well made; but if you fit it flush/snug (as you should) with the left hand side of the camera (viewed from the rear) it does seem to impede the opening of the covers to the connectors. I find I have to loosen the L-Plate and slide it out a smidge to open them. No big deal though.

Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

www.throughmeyelens.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2224 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.