Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22156
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lens Problems" Previous topic | Next topic
sportpicturescymru Registered since 22nd Oct 2012Thu 15-Nov-12 08:07 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lens Problems"

GB

I have a problem. My Nikon D7000 is not talking to my lens, well both actually. I have a f2.8 70-200 and 15-70. Neither are focusing when I press the shutter, any ideas please?
I've had a problem with the camera since the beginning, sending it back 4 times already!!
I've re set the camera, but still the same. Thanks in advance.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lens Problems
esandy Silver Member
15th Nov 2012
sportpicturescymru
15th Nov 2012
esandy Silver Member
15th Nov 2012
sportpicturescymru
15th Nov 2012
esandy Silver Member
16th Nov 2012
jdphotos
22nd Nov 2012
sportpicturescymru
22nd Nov 2012
jdphotos
22nd Nov 2012

esandy Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2011Thu 15-Nov-12 08:30 PM
213 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lens Problems"
In response to Reply # 0

Wichita Falls, US

One thing to check is make sure the AF/M switch on the camera body is set to AF and not M. Its located below the lens release button.

I also had a problem when switching lenses. I had to seat the lens a couple of times before it made contact and would focus. I cleaned the contacts on my lenses and camera and havent had the problem since.

Ed

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

sportpicturescymru Registered since 22nd Oct 2012Thu 15-Nov-12 08:39 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lens Problems"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Hi
yes, checked the Af and M on the camera and on the lens, all ok. I thought about the contacts, and might take it back to the shop. Thank for the advice.

esandy Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2011Thu 15-Nov-12 08:51 PM
213 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lens Problems"
In response to Reply # 0

Wichita Falls, US

Another thought, could the menu setting for functioning of the AE/L button been changed to function as the focus button?

Ed

sportpicturescymru Registered since 22nd Oct 2012Thu 15-Nov-12 08:57 PM
#4. "RE: Lens Problems"
In response to Reply # 3

GB

I knew I'd joined the forum for a reason. Yes, you are very correct. The button at the back was acting as the focus button!!!

Not sure why, but you'd of thought that if I was re setting the camera, it would have re set that too!!

Anyway, many thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

esandy Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2011Fri 16-Nov-12 12:59 AM
#5. "RE: Lens Problems"
In response to Reply # 4

Wichita Falls, US

You're welcome.

Ed

jdphotos Registered since 12th Jun 2012Thu 22-Nov-12 02:11 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Lens Problems"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Hi, if you meant the AF-ON button for focusing, I actually set it on purpose. I found it more convenient.

sportpicturescymru Registered since 22nd Oct 2012Thu 22-Nov-12 08:08 PM
#7. "RE: Lens Problems"
In response to Reply # 6

GB

That's correct. I might give it a go, see what is's like....thanks.

jdphotos Registered since 12th Jun 2012Thu 22-Nov-12 08:58 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Lens Problems"
In response to Reply # 7

US

You are welcome. Happy holidays, enjoy!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22156 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.