Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2192
View in linear mode

Subject: "wireless release for the D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
B LaRue Registered since 04th Nov 2010Sat 20-Nov-10 11:59 PM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"wireless release for the D7000"

US

I have the Phottix Cleon II for my D300, and it works great. I just ordered one today for my D7000. It is the Phottix Cleon II, version N10 which includes the D7000 if anyone is interested.

What I like about this system is you can fire it from anywhere. You don't have to be in front of the camera.

A little pricey, though. I thought it said $46.31, but found out that was Euro, my cost plus shipping is $65. But it will be worth it. The range is much further than the Nikon ML-L3.
Go to the Phottix website.

Betty

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: wireless release for the D7000
rbsandor Gold Member
21st Nov 2010
B LaRue
21st Nov 2010
Garys
21st Nov 2010
bonadi
24th Nov 2010
FutureLook Silver Member
28th Nov 2010
Reply message Rear sensor on the D7000
ronaldbegg Silver Member
29th Dec 2010
     Reply message RE: Rear sensor on the D7000
Gamecocks Silver Member
29th Dec 2010
bradbort Silver Member
30th Dec 2010
B LaRue
30th Dec 2010
Rbchound
30th Dec 2010
RRRoger Silver Member
30th Dec 2010
chgortari Silver Member
30th Dec 2010

rbsandor Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2007Sun 21-Nov-10 02:17 AM
1410 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Denver, US

Betty: just fyi, the 7000 has an IR sensor on the front as well as the back of the camera. Richard

B LaRue Registered since 04th Nov 2010Sun 21-Nov-10 03:49 AM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks, Richard, I didn't know that.

Betty

Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Sun 21-Nov-10 04:03 AM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 21-Nov-10 04:04 AM by Garys

Mesa, US

I just received the, Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control. It cost $15. I ordered it from Amazon.

Gary

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

bonadi Registered since 10th Nov 2010Wed 24-Nov-10 02:07 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

CN

Bought my wireless release from Easytagger together with GPS, $25, work well with my D7000 and my wife’s D5000. There are all kinds of accessories online available.

FutureLook Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2003Sun 28-Nov-10 11:26 AM
512 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Miami, US

The ML-ML3 does a great job. Having a sensor in the back of the camera is also a great advantage.

Visit my website: http://www.futurelookphotography.com

ronaldbegg Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Wed 29-Dec-10 08:29 PM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "Rear sensor on the D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

Ocean Grove, AU

>The ML-ML3 does a great job. Having a sensor in the back of
>the camera is also a great advantage.

Have not received my D7000 yet, but what is this 'rear sensor'?

Look fwd to hearing about it...is the manual similar to others, I have had manuals with my D80 and D200, and have supplemented then with the Magic Lantern series.

Any other idea re manuals? BTW I think Ken Rockwell may have on online.

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Wed 29-Dec-10 08:47 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Rear sensor on the D7000"
In response to Reply # 6

Joanna, US

Hello Ronald,

The "rear sensor" is the same as the front sensor when you elect to use a remote. The ML-ML3 works great and since you have a sensor on each side of the camera it makes for much easier set ups when you can pre-focus. The manual is similar to others and front to back is 326 pages that covers the camera. Welcome aboard and good luck with your new toy.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

bradbort Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2006Thu 30-Dec-10 12:25 AM
85 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

somerville, US

Vivitar now makes one as well, that seems similar to the phottix, but cheaper...

B LaRue Registered since 04th Nov 2010Thu 30-Dec-10 04:50 AM
#9. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 8

US

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if I accidentally changed something, but now, with my Phottix plugged in, when I turn my camera on it fires on its own without me firing the remote myself. Plus I don't see anything through the viewfinder when I do try to use the remote to focus/fire. I turn the camera off, and back on, and it fires by itself again.
When I unplug the remote, the camera works fine with my finger on the shutter.
What have I inadvertently done?

Betty

Rbchound Registered since 11th Dec 2010Thu 30-Dec-10 01:30 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 9

US

For me the ML-ML3 is a great option and priced at only $17.10 I will definitely be getting one.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberThu 30-Dec-10 01:49 PM
3139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 10

Monterey Bay, US

I just ordered a ML-ML3 knockoff (shoot) for $5 including shipping.

If you need a trigger, YongNuo makes a ML-3 knockoff with D90/D7000 plug.

The only way I have found to start the Video remotely is with a computer and Nikon Camera Control software.

chgortari Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Nov 2010Thu 30-Dec-10 04:14 PM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: wireless release for the D7000"
In response to Reply # 9

El Paso, US

Try to reset according to direction on this site.
http://martybugs.net/blog/blog.cgi/gear/PhottixCleonIIWirelessRemote.html

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2192 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.