Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21764
View in linear mode

Subject: "nikonD7000 shutter release" Previous topic | Next topic
pmans Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2012Thu 25-Oct-12 07:20 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"nikonD7000 shutter release"

flinders view, AU

Peter mansell

Recently put a new f1/1.8g 35mm lens on the camera.
Finding that after a few shots the shutter button will not release.

I have to wait a few seconds before it works again.I take about 3 photos and the shutter button freezes again.

Any suggestions?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: nikonD7000 shutter release
blw Moderator
25th Oct 2012
pmans Silver Member
26th Oct 2012
Gamecocks Silver Member
25th Oct 2012
misunda Silver Member
25th Oct 2012
pmans Silver Member
26th Oct 2012
pmans Silver Member
26th Oct 2012

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Thu 25-Oct-12 10:58 AM
26540 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: nikonD7000 shutter release"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

Virtually always when the shutter fails to release it's due to the thing under the AF sensor not being in focus. A quick test for this is to set the camera in manual focus mode - and I bet that the shutter ALWAYS fires. That's because the camera is trying to prevent out of focus shots in AF mode, but in MF mode it assumes you know what you're doing.

So what you need to do is to either ensure that things are in focus, or alternatively you can go into the menus and set the focus priority to release. (By default it's set to focus.)

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

pmans Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2012Fri 26-Oct-12 08:50 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: nikonD7000 shutter release"
In response to Reply # 1

flinders view, AU

thanks Brian.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Thu 25-Oct-12 07:59 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: nikonD7000 shutter release"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Welcome to Nikonians, Peter. Chances are that Brian has the right idea but if what he has suggested doesn't work give us more information on your settings and the type of shots you are taking.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

misunda Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Thu 25-Oct-12 10:52 PM
72 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: nikonD7000 shutter release"
In response to Reply # 2

Booval, AU

Hope the guys help you out Peter, never had a problem beside mechanical ,they can't help with. Cheers Paul

pmans Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2012Fri 26-Oct-12 08:53 AM
#6. "RE: nikonD7000 shutter release"
In response to Reply # 3

flinders view, AU

Paul

I'll check your albums tonight.

See you at golf.

pmans Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2012Fri 26-Oct-12 08:51 AM
#5. "RE: nikonD7000 shutter release"
In response to Reply # 2

flinders view, AU

thanks John . I'm looking forward to using the D7000

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21764 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.