Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21570
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 commander mode stopped working with my SB910" Previous topic | Next topic
cyberpunk2019 Registered since 15th Oct 2012Mon 15-Oct-12 09:42 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 commander mode stopped working with my SB910"

Buenos Aires, AR

Hi, I need some help to troubleshoot this problem.

Yesterday I was shooting with the camera D7000 (3 months old) and my SB-910 (1 month old) in remote mode (commander group A Ch 1), when it stop responding.

I changed the batteries of the Flash, reset the settings to factory, reconfigured the remoto setting (Different opciones Ch/Group), and still not firing.

I test the flash in other camera D700 in remote mode and it works fine, I also test it with a SB800, and boths worked fine with the other camera.

Then I configured the same settings in my D7000 (just as before), but It still not firing, neither of two flashes (SB-910 and SB-800).

I had reseted the camera to the default settings, changed the battery, changed the lenses, I also did a firmware flash again with the latest versión 1.3, but the commander mode is not responding.

Any idea?

Is this a common issue?

Someone has suffer the same problem?

Thanks, and sorry for my english.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

feq67 Silver Member Charter MemberTue 16-Oct-12 01:35 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 commander mode stopped working with my SB910"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Hi cyberpunk2019,

Is the pop-up flash activated? The D7000 will not trigger your remote flash if the built in pop-up flash is lowered.

Regards,
Fred.

cyberpunk2019 Registered since 15th Oct 2012Tue 16-Oct-12 02:27 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 commander mode stopped working with my SB910"
In response to Reply # 1

Buenos Aires, AR

Fred, yes the pop-up is open.

It worked for my the remote trigger (with the internal commander mode), but yesterday when I was shooting, it stop responding.

I found (well I think) that the camera is not sending the signal to the remote flash.

Tomorrow I will test it with another SB910, but I have no hope.
And here in my country is not easy to send the camera to the technical service, because my D7000 is from USA, but in Nikon in Argentina don't accept to repair cameras from other countries.

I think I will need to get an SU-800 or other Flash to work as a controler.

The crazy part is that It is a new camera, it is only 3 months old.

I couldn't find similar problems searching in the Web, that is why I'm asking it here, where there are a lot of photographer using similar configurations.

Thanks.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21570 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.