Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21469
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wrong Metadata on D7000 Images" Previous topic | Next topic
Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Thu 11-Oct-12 11:51 PM
657 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wrong Metadata on D7000 Images"

Los Angeles, US

I have three SB strobes. When I shoot with the SB700 speedlight in the hotshoe, the image date shows the correct strobe.

But when I use either of 2 SB800 strobes in the shoe, the Metadata attached to the images indicates that I'm using an SB600 flash.

All the connectors are cleaned with alcohol. Should I care about this discrepancy? Could something else be amiss with the strobe/camera interface?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

N4TVC Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jul 2006Fri 12-Oct-12 02:01 PM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wrong Metadata on D7000 Images"
In response to Reply # 0

Burke, US

BZ, I just verified that my metadata shows "SB-800" on my photos when my SB800 is in the hot shoe.

Let us know what you find.

Charles

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 12-Oct-12 06:21 PM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wrong Metadata on D7000 Images"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

If any data is being registered at all, communications is probably OK between the body and SB800's. A quick look at firmware versions for the SB800 or D7000 did not turn up a "fix" related to that problem.
Obviously one of life's true mysteries....;>)
I doubt there is a operational problem since there was good compatibilty between the SB600 and SB800.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Fri 12-Oct-12 07:49 PM
657 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wrong Metadata on D7000 Images"
In response to Reply # 2
Fri 12-Oct-12 07:51 PM by Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US

In an odd way, I sort of answered my own question when I took tripod photos with all 3 strobes. Same camera strobe settings. All 3 images came out identical.

So that tells me it probably doesn't matter. And my camera was new in April. Only one update on the camera firmware, one update on lens firmware for the 16-86mm lens.

Thanks

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21469 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.