Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21330
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does the D7000 have a focusing screw?" Previous topic | Next topic
ValtecBoy Registered since 30th Jan 2011Thu 04-Oct-12 12:45 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Does the D7000 have a focusing screw?"

Montreal-Ouest, CA

I am thinking about purchasing a D7000, primarily for its low light capabilities (I do a lot of indoor swimming competitions). Does the D7000 have a focusing screw and, if so, will it autofocus the Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 D lens as fast or faster than a D300 or D700?

Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Thu 04-Oct-12 01:20 PM
3191 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Does the D7000 have a focusing screw?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

Yes, it has an in-camera focusing motor and will focus the 80-200mm. Others will have to comment on its focusing speed.

Alan

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011Fri 05-Oct-12 01:09 AM
2509 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Does the D7000 have a focusing screw?"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, US

>I am thinking about purchasing a D7000, primarily for its low
>light capabilities (I do a lot of indoor swimming
>competitions). Does the D7000 have a focusing screw

Yes

> and, if
>so, will it autofocus the Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 D lens as fast or
>faster than a D300 or D700?

No. The only way to get faster focusing than the D300/D700 is to move to a pro body.

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

benmlee Registered since 03rd Jul 2012Fri 05-Oct-12 02:49 AM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Does the D7000 have a focusing screw?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

The 70-210 f4 has the screw type focus, and it focused fast enough for daughter's gymnastic.
The motor in the body is pretty fast. As fast as the 35mm f1.8 AF-S that I have. However, the gearing in the lens may slow it down. On kenrockwell's site, the old 80-210 f2.8d was geared to focused slow, but the newer one focus fast, so beware which one you get.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21330 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.