Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21076
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to do in-camera HDR using a remote." Previous topic | Next topic
Steve6344 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012Sat 22-Sep-12 06:58 PM
285 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How to do in-camera HDR using a remote."

Aventura, US

Hi, I am relatively new D7000 user. What is simplest way to set up using a remote control to trigger an in-camera HDR image. I know how to set up the remote but am unsure of the other settings. I will be using a tripod. Thank you.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: How to do in-camera HDR using a remote.
mudman2 Silver Member
22nd Sep 2012
Steve6344 Silver Member
23rd Sep 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member
23rd Sep 2012
Steve6344 Silver Member
27th Sep 2012
luckyphoto Silver Member
28th Sep 2012
glennaa11 Silver Member
28th Sep 2012
Steve6344 Silver Member
28th Sep 2012

mudman2 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2009Sat 22-Sep-12 10:01 PM
166 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How to do in-camera HDR using a remote."
In response to Reply # 0

Jamison, US

If your thinking of iPhone type HDR it does not exist

On a tripod you can use bracketing, but to do it best you need to move your exposure about by hand using the cursor. Then create the HDR image in post.

I am not an expert

Steve6344 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012Sun 23-Sep-12 02:39 AM
285 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: How to do in-camera HDR using a remote."
In response to Reply # 1

Aventura, US

i believe it does exist using multiple exposure. I'm not sure of the settings.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sun 23-Sep-12 02:07 PM
2884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: How to do in-camera HDR using a remote."
In response to Reply # 2

Hatboro, Pa, US

I believe in camera HDR, which combines two photos with one click of the shutter, was introduced in Nikon cameras starting with the D5100. It has since been included in the D800, D4 and the new D600.

I don't know of a way, other than bracketing, you can make HDR photos using D7000 images. Of course that is in post.

There is one thing you can try, Multiple exposures in LiveView. See page 152 in your manual. I'm not sure what the finished photo will look like though. I don't think it will look like HDR.

Len

Steve6344 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012Thu 27-Sep-12 11:46 AM
#4. "RE: How to do in-camera HDR using a remote."
In response to Reply # 0

Aventura, US

I emailed Nikon Support and got a response back saying that you can not do multiple exposure and bracketing simultaneously.

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Fri 28-Sep-12 11:42 AM
739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: How to do in-camera HDR using a remote."
In response to Reply # 4

Port Charlotte, US

The D7000 bracketing feature allows you to take 2 or 3 sequential photos at 1/3 to 2 stop intervals. The camera does not combine the images and assumes that HDR will be accomplished in post processing.

The D7000 does process two images for long exposure noise reduction where it takes a second photo of equal duration with the shutter closed and subtracts the artifacts of the "blank" image from the real image to eliminate noise artifacts produced by the camera. That's the only time I'm aware of where the camera combines two images.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Fri 28-Sep-12 07:43 PM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: How to do in-camera HDR using a remote."
In response to Reply # 5

Arlington, US

You can set the camera to shoot in timer mode where it takes 3 shots in succession. That combined with bracketing will allow you to get 3 shots to make an HDR in post with whatever software solution you like. I use this strategy frequently so I only have to touch the camera once or can also use the timer/remote mode.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

Steve6344 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012Fri 28-Sep-12 08:02 PM
#7. "RE: How to do in-camera HDR using a remote."
In response to Reply # 6

Aventura, US

Yes, I have tried that and it works. I am also experimenting with 3 shot multiple exposure where I change the exposure compensation manually for each shot (+2,0,-2) with the camera on a tripod. That seems to work too.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21076 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.