Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20996
View in linear mode

Subject: "I need help about moving files from my Nikon 7000 to an..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
le gamin Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2012Mon 17-Sep-12 06:37 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I need help about moving files from my Nikon 7000 to an iPad"

Parksville, British Columbia, CA

Would someone please advise me on how I can move files from the camera to the iPad? I don't want to lug around a laptop while on winter holidays.

I have posted this request on another section of the site but have had no responses.

Thanks in advance for your support.

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Mon 17-Sep-12 09:37 PM
1973 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I need help about moving files from my Nikon 7000 to an iPad"
In response to Reply # 0

US

You can use the camera connection kit.

But I Don't think the full resolution is transferred. I did limited testing with my iPad2 and the images seem to get reduced in resolution. Also experimented with NEF files, but when I e-mailed them to myself they were converted into JPEG's. Granted I did not try and sync my iPad with iTunes to see if indeed they were still full resolution and NEF's.

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberMon 17-Sep-12 09:45 PM
18361 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I need help about moving files from my Nikon 7000 to an iPad"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

David, please do not post multiple threads as it makes it difficult to follow responses.

Thank you.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Mon 17-Sep-12 10:25 PM
11299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I need help about moving files from my Nikon 7000 to an iPad"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Please post any responses to the duplicate thread below.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=197&topic_id=26741&mesg_id=26741

Thank you.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20996 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.