Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20993
View in linear mode

Subject: "SDHC Cards for Nikon D7000?" Previous topic | Next topic
Higgs Boson Registered since 17th Sep 2012Mon 17-Sep-12 07:14 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SDHC Cards for Nikon D7000?"

IN

I just bought Nikon D7000. I was wondering what type SDHC card is suitable for it. Nikon's site recommends SD Speed Class rating of 6 or more:
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17061/~/approved-memory-cards---d7000

I am thinking to buy a class 10 SD card. Is that OK?
What are the pros and cos of class 10 SD card for D7000?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 17-Sep-12 11:21 PM
25743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SDHC Cards for Nikon D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Pinaki,

Welcome to Nikonians!
The Pros:
Class 10 cards have a faster read and write speed which means, if you shoot fast and hard, they will clear the buffer faster than slower cards.
They will allow you to download the images to your computer faster as long as you have a fast card reader.

Cons: Class 10 cards are more expensive than the slower cards.
Both Sandisk and Lexar make excellent and very reliable memory cards.
Be careful where you buy them since the higher end cards are often counterfeited so know your retailer.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Tue 18-Sep-12 12:57 AM
1803 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SDHC Cards for Nikon D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Congratulations on your D7000, you're going to love it.

I use Transcend Class 10 SDHC cards that I purchase at Amazon.com I use both 16gb and 32gb cards. They are priced right and have performed flawlessly.

Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Higgs Boson Registered since 17th Sep 2012Tue 18-Sep-12 05:09 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: SDHC Cards for Nikon D7000?"
In response to Reply # 2

IN

Thanks everybody for the replies. I just bought a class 10 32 gb Sandisk SDHC.

liupublic Registered since 17th May 2012Wed 19-Sep-12 05:46 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: SDHC Cards for Nikon D7000?"
In response to Reply # 3

Tempe, US

Also considering getting UHS-1 rated SDHC card. D7000 does take advantage of the extra speed. Every little bit help and the cost is only a few $$ above standard class-10 cards.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20993 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.