Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20560
View in linear mode

Subject: "Memory Card Confusion" Previous topic | Next topic
Isaac Saunders Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Aug 2012Wed 22-Aug-12 04:19 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Memory Card Confusion"

Orrtanna, US

Last weekend I wanted to try some new memory cards in my D7000. I purchased 4 Transcend 8GB Class 10 cards from B&H. I put 2 new ones in and formatted both of them. Went outside and snapped a pic and it said ERR over the cards. (I save a JPEG on each card) So I reformatted and tried again and it then said damaged card. I tried the other 2 with the same results. So, I called B&H to inquire because 4 bad memory cards doesn't sound right to me. After talking to someone in Customer Service he said that the card speeds are too high for the camera. They did an exchange no problem for SanDisk Extreme. Just wondering how the cards write speed would effect the performance like that? I was thinking that by going to the faster write speed I could get my time exposures of light painting to write faster, that's the only reason I tried them. Thanks for any ideas/help!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011Wed 22-Aug-12 04:24 PM
2510 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Memory Card Confusion"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, US

The Extremes are faster than the Transcends if I remember correctly.

I think I've heard it all now...

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

N4TVC Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jul 2006Wed 22-Aug-12 05:29 PM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Memory Card Confusion"
In response to Reply # 0

Burke, US

The exchange is a very good thing. You now have better cards. That being said, what you were told was about the most incorrect thing that could have been said. No way is a card "too fast".

Charles

RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011Wed 22-Aug-12 05:29 PM
553 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Memory Card Confusion"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Idea: Transcend cards suck.

They are not "too fast" for your camera. I have several Transcend Class 10, which all write slower than Sandisk, but they work.

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Fri 24-Aug-12 08:40 PM
1785 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Memory Card Confusion"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

I have D7000 and 3 Transcend Class 10 32 GB cards and 3 16GB cards and they all work quite well.

Tom

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20560 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.