Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2032
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Raw w/ CS4 (Photoshop and Bridge) Problem?" Previous topic | Next topic
tflawlis Registered since 16th Nov 2010Thu 18-Nov-10 04:31 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Raw w/ CS4 (Photoshop and Bridge) Problem?"
Thu 18-Nov-10 04:33 PM by tflawlis

Celina, US

Just got a new D7000 two days ago. Finally uploading my latest picts from the SD card... only to receive an error message stating the *.NEF format is not recognized.

I am successful with my D700 *.NEF files. And I've done the same with D90 *.NEF files. Anyone aware of a fix?

Thanks,
Frank

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ricphoto Registered since 29th Aug 2006Thu 18-Nov-10 04:42 PM
260 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Raw w/ CS4 (Photoshop and Bridge) Problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

You'll need to update your software

The D7000 files are being supported by the new (free) "Release Candidates" of PS and LR available at Adobe Labs...

...Ric

Ric Kasnoff | Photographer
ric@ricphoto.com
http://www.ricphoto.com

http://www.twitter.com/ricphoto
http://www.vimeo.com/ricphoto

Adobe Certified Instructor | Apple Certified Trainer

Member: APA (National VP) | NANPA | NPPA | PLUS

andesp Registered since 18th Nov 2010Thu 18-Nov-10 05:04 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Raw w/ CS4 (Photoshop and Bridge) Problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

NO

Hi Frank,
I have the same problem (with PhotoShop in CS3). It seems that we need the CameraRaw plugin 6.2, but this does only work with CS5.
I am searching for a solution without upgrade to CS5, but no results so far.

It is annoying.

Cheers,
Espen

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Thu 18-Nov-10 05:16 PM
1895 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Raw w/ CS4 (Photoshop and Bridge) Problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Unfortunately you are in a similar position I am. I have CNX and PS CS3 which never will be updated to support D7000 NEF’s. The problem is that Adobe has released ACR version 6 with CS5, and when they do that they usually will abandon updating prior versions of ACR to support new raw camera files. One option would be to download Adobe’s latest DNG converter.

Otherwise you need to upgrade your software version. I am trying to decide which route to go myself. Either upgrade to CNX2, LR3 or PS CS5. Upgrading to CNX2 would be my least expensive upgrade choice so I might favor that route.

The free View NX2 supposedly has limited editing capabilities and can work with the D7000 NEF's, but I have not loaded nor tried that route.

Pete.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2032 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.